FlashBackJack

Launch party’s but not in Australia

1 hour ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

FFG is a business that has to follow all the rules, laws and realities of doing small parts of their business in far-off places. What stops them from being in Australia? Not a whim, I think.

What stopped us from getting Store Championship kits this year was a BS mix up from our distributor, not any reasonable excuse. It's a 50/50 chance the same thing's happened again and they're keeping it hush hush to avoid any more backlash.

As for 'far off places'... the sets are made in China. With whom Australia has very lucrative free trade laws in place. There's no logistical barrier to make the sets less available in Australia in proportion to our population. Even if the sets are made in-house, shipping of small, lightweight packages across the pacific is a minuscule cost at the moment.

1 hour ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

I'm Australian. What are you talking about specifically? 

FFG's just released a list of Launch Party locations. Almost all of them are in the US and UK. Absolutely none are listed as being in Australia.

9 hours ago, FlashBackJack said:

Yet again FFG make players in Australia say FFS

not only do you hike up the prices over here compared to the rest of the world 

you systematically leave us out 

i was hesitant about 2.0 and future releases anyway 

But this solidifies why you are not getting my money anymore 

Don’t feel too bad. Our store here in the US got left out too! No Launch Party for us small rural stores either. 

1 hour ago, Astech said:

FFG's just released a list of Launch Party locations. Almost all of them are in the US and UK. Absolutely none are listed as being in Australia.

That would be because FFG only include locations given kits by Organised Play in the US or in Europe.  For everyone else like New Zealand and Australia they are controlled by Local distributors. For the record Store Champs and Regionals have never been listed on FFGs website for NZ and Australia, so the same would logically apply for the release kits. 

The Local distributor in Australia, Let's Play Games has already stated they have 75 kits.  New Zealand are getting some through their distributor but they might be delayed.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/x-wing/second-edition-launch-party/

USA, UK, Belgium, Italy and Netherlands.

There isn't even one on our half of the planet.

Edit: didn't see your post ID X T.  Good to know.  NZ's distributor is pretty crap, my local game store don't know whether they'll even have the sets by release day, let alone  any launch party kits.

Edited by spacebug

20 minutes ago, spacebug said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/x-wing/second-edition-launch-party/

USA, UK, Belgium, Italy and Netherlands.

There isn't even one on our half of the planet.

Edit: didn't see your post ID X T.  Good to know.  NZ's distributor is pretty crap, my local game store don't know whether they'll even have the sets by release day, let alone  any launch party kits.

Ha, I am actually a Kiwi, I was just following the Aus X-wing page due to the issue with damage decks (seems to be an issue for NZ and less for Oz), so the issue with Launch Parties already came up there.  I am pretty sure stock of all the Second edition stuff is with the distributor in NZ already, so I wouldn't worry too much.  Pretty sure it should be the same for Oz.  We often get deliveries of X-wing product straight from China, instead of having it come from China to the States back down to us.  The only X-wing related delay in NZ that I know of was Wave 14 which was a week late.     

Where are you based Spacebug?

2 hours ago, ID X T said:

That would be because FFG only include locations given kits by Organised Play in the US or in Europe.  For everyone else like New Zealand and Australia they are controlled by Local distributors. For the record Store Champs and Regionals have never been listed on FFGs website for NZ and Australia, so the same would logically apply for the release kits. 

The Local distributor in Australia, Let's Play Games has already stated they have 75 kits.  New Zealand are getting some through their distributor but they might be delayed.

They've listed Regionals at least once, and Store Championships several times for Australia.

It's nice to hear that LPG isn't starting any more fires though.

2 hours ago, ID X T said:

The only X-wing related delay in NZ that I know of was Wave 14 which was a week late.     

Where are you based Spacebug?

Christchurch!

From memory, Wave 8 was about a week late getting into the country. And then they arrived just before Easter weekend, so it took another 5-6 days for the stores to receive them.  X(

4 minutes ago, spacebug said:

Christchurch!

From memory, Wave 8 was about a week late getting into the country. And then they arrived just before Easter weekend, so it took another 5-6 days for the stores to receive them.  X(

I got my preorders of wave 12 about 6 weeks late...   :(

I think that was more an issue with who I had preordered from, rather than a regionwide problem though. (I'm in Auckland)