Jump to content
clontroper5

What do you think of my thrawn build?

Recommended Posts

 

So what is good, what needs to be better?

 

Name: Thrawn Long range
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Capture the VIP
Navigation: Solar Corona

ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112)
• Grand Admiral Thrawn (32)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Spinal Armament (9)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
= 176 Points

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
= 60 Points

Arquitens Command Cruiser (59)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
= 71 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Comms Net (2)
= 32 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Comms Net (2)
= 30 Points

Squadrons:
• Valen Rudor (13)
• Ciena Ree (17)
= 30 Points

Total Points: 399

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thing this list will be eaten by squadron build. 

Ciena and Valen is only one turn stop for enemy squadrons.

17 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

what commands are being thrawned?

Same question here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sharego said:

I Like it, Ree and Rudor can tank 1 turn or at least half and the as of the assault gozantis can do some damage too. Why two coms net? one for feed IF and the other for different purpose?

Mostly redundancy, plus it gives me options to pass emergency tokens to the Arqs if they need something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Yeah Thrawn is about flexibility and this doesnt look like it needs that.

Agreed, this looks a lot like a Vader list to me.

Also the Projection experts have 0 synergy with the rest. Seems like 6 points that won't do a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Agreed, this looks a lot like a Vader list to me.

Also the Projection experts have 0 synergy with the rest. Seems like 6 points that won't do a lot.

Actually I played someone the other day that used the projection experts purely to keep the ISD alive, which I was impressed with, and why I put it here.

 

Otherwise I do agree Vader is probably better, I had a reason to pick thrawn over Vader night, I can't remember what it was haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@clontroper5 have a try at this.

Intel officer and Vader to make damage more impactful with possible jonus to throw with a token. Entrapment formation provides a bit more flexibility with the kittens moving freeing the dial for confires.

 

Vader Kittens  (399/400)
Empire

Commander: Darth Vader

Objectives: Opening Salvo, Contested Outpost, Solar Corona

[flagship] Imperial Star Destroyer Cymoon 1 Refit (112)
 - Darth Vader (36)
 - Entrapment Formation! (5)
 - Hardened Bulkheads (5)
 - Strategic Adviser (4)
 - XI7 Turbolasers (6)
 - Spinal Armament (9)
 - Gunnery Team (7)
= 184 total points

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54)
 - Intel Officer (7)
 - Quad Battery Turrets (5)
= 66 total points

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54)
 - Intel Officer (7)
 - Quad Battery Turrets (5)
= 66 total points

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23)
 - Comms Net (2)
= 25 total points

Squadrons (58/134):
1x Ciena Ree TIE Interceptor Squadron (17)
1x Valen Rudor TIE Fighter Squadron (13)
1x Captain Jonus TIE Bomber Squadron (16)
1x JumpMaster 5000 (12)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 2:39 AM, clontroper5 said:

 

So what is good, what needs to be better?

 

Name: Thrawn Long range
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Capture the VIP
Navigation: Solar Corona

ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112)
• Grand Admiral Thrawn (32)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Spinal Armament (9)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
= 176 Points

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
= 60 Points

Arquitens Command Cruiser (59)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Projection Experts (6)
• Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
= 71 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Comms Net (2)
= 32 Points

Gozanti Assault Carriers (28)
• Comms Net (2)
= 30 Points

Squadrons:
• Valen Rudor (13)
• Ciena Ree (17)
= 30 Points

Total Points: 399

While Vader could help you more with those red dice I found IF+DTT ok with eventual CF that this fleet won't have problems to get in time.

I would swap projection experts for FCT and Ciena+Rudor for 2 lambdas. Just to test how it could be with Fire Lanes and Sensor Net. A squadron build will tie them but at the cost of getting out of range or allowing you a couple of goals. Probably Salvage Run better than Sensor Net though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just a variation of my imperial snipers.

Imperial snipers 1(393/400)
==================
Cymoon 1 Refit (112 + 60)
+ Admiral Motti (24)
+ Wulff Yularen (7)
+ Gunnery Team (7)
+ Intensify Firepower! (6)
+ Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
+ H9 Turbolasers (8)
+ Relentless (3)
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 + 14)
+ Captain Needa (2)
+ Reinforced Blast Doors (5)
+ Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 + 12)
+ Reinforced Blast Doors (5)
+ Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 17)
+ Taskmaster Grint (5)
+ Bomber Command Center (8)
+ Boosted Comms (4)
Valen Rudor (17)
Ciera Ree (13)
Captain Jonus (17)
Contested Outpost
Solar Corona
Blockade Run

 

Over all solid ciera and valen keep the squadrons occupied long enough for you to kill their big stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chr335 said:

This is just a variation of my imperial snipers.

Imperial snipers 1(393/400)
==================
Cymoon 1 Refit (112 + 60)
+ Admiral Motti (24)
+ Wulff Yularen (7)
+ Gunnery Team (7)
+ Intensify Firepower! (6)
+ Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
+ H9 Turbolasers (8)
+ Relentless (3)
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 + 14)
+ Captain Needa (2)
+ Reinforced Blast Doors (5)
+ Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 + 12)
+ Reinforced Blast Doors (5)
+ Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 17)
+ Taskmaster Grint (5)
+ Bomber Command Center (8)
+ Boosted Comms (4)
Valen Rudor (17)
Ciera Ree (13)
Captain Jonus (17)
Contested Outpost
Solar Corona
Blockade Run

 

Over all solid ciera and valen keep the squadrons occupied long enough for you to kill their big stuff

Does Jonus worth the BBC? Are you sure you didn't mean Slicer Tools?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Does Jonus worth the BBC? Are you sure you didn't mean Slicer Tools?

Here is the list I ment to post Fleet 310 (393/400)
==================
Imperial II-class Star Destroyer (120 + 64)
    + Admiral Motti (24)
    + Wulff Yularen (7)
    + Gunnery Team (7)
    + Electronic Countermeasures (7)
    + Leading Shots (4)
    + Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
    + Chimaera (4)
    + Intensify Firepower! (6)
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 + 12)
    + Captain Brunson (5)
    + Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 + 9)
    + Captain Needa (2)
    + Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 11)
    + Taskmaster Grint (5)
    + Boosted Comms (4)
    + Vector (2)
Ciena Ree (17)
Captain Jonus (16)
Valen Rudor (13)
Blockade Run
Contested Outpost
Solar Corona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...