Piratical Moustache

What do you want to have in Clone Wars Armada?

Aside from the obvious things like Venators, what do you hope for in a Clone Wars edition of Armada? 

I think a Venator and 2 Munificent frigates in the Core Set would be a great start, but more than that I want:

latest?cb=20120829000721

AT-TE Boarding Teams

If I could also deploy them in asteroid fields I fly past that would be nice.

35 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Not to keen on clone wars for Armada honestly. 

The only real impediment to a Clone Wars edition is FFG's slow schedule for Armada as is. In a perfect world each edition would receive 1-2 waves a year.

If your aversion to Clone Wars Armada is due to that problem than I understand, I don't want the Imperials and Rebels neglected to get Clone Wars off the ground either.

Lucrehulks, Malevolence, Venators, Jedi officers and Commanders...  

I'd ALSO like Venators for the Empire, but thinking that the same ship, would be more effective in the hands of the Republic, with Jedi aboard.  Have Jedi Officers that give boosts to their ships.   

1 hour ago, dominosfleet said:

Ovinomanc3r is allergic to change ;)

Honestly I think there's just to much republic/imperial overlap for a clone wars era idea to work. Adding a CIS new faction though...

Actually I just raised the same sentiment that made this thread: people playing a specific era wanting ships from another.?

1 hour ago, Crabbok said:

Lucrehulks, Malevolence, Venators, Jedi officers and Commanders...  

I'd ALSO like Venators for the Empire, but thinking that the same ship, would be more effective in the hands of the Republic, with Jedi aboard.  Have Jedi Officers that give boosts to their ships.   

Besides the Jedi Officers being above average commanders back then the Venator had higher quality starfighters, whereas in the Imperial era TIE racks were installed on Venators still in service.

The Malevolence's ion cannon could work like disposable capacitors as a straight line attack. Roll 4-6 blue dice at any ship in the line with a critical effect that brings all shields to zero. 

That's OP but it should be since the Malevolence could completely disable a Venator task force in a single shot.

No problem with clone war stuff but with 3 conditions.

1. Set should include cards for imperial Acclamators etc etc , where applicable.

2. This should not impact the release schedule of existing GCW Armada.

3. There should be interactivity, ie: Empire vs Republic is possible. 

46 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

1. Set should include cards for imperial Acclamators etc etc , where applicable.

I accept your conditions. ;)

1 hour ago, ISD Avenger said:

I agree. I believe the best way to do these is release the canon ships that carried over, even if just for a short time, for the GCW. Venators, Acclamators, Lucrehulks, ARC170s, ect. Split them how they need to be for GWC. This adds ships for the GWC, and adds ship variety.

Then, after enough ships are out, release conversion kits. Republic can get variants for the venator, acclamator, pelta, ect. CIS will get their ships repsectively.

Boom. More ships for GWC and we get CW.

Fighter Squadrons:

N-1 Starfighter (REP)

Vulture Droid (CIS)

Delta-7 Aethersprite (REP)

V-19 Torrent (REP)

Clone Z-95 (REP) 

Nantex-class (CIS)

Droid Scarab (CIS)

Eta-2 Actis (REP)

ARC-170 (REP)

Alpha-3 Nimbus V-Wing (REP)

Droid Tri-fighter (CIS)

Belbullab-22 (CIS)

Porax-38 (CIS)

Mankvim-814 (CIS)

Flotillas:

CR-20 Troop Carrier (REP)

CSS-1 Star Shuttle (REP)

C-9979 Landing Craft (CIS)

Trident-class Assault ship (CIS)

Small:

Consular-class/Charger Retrofit/Light Assault Cruiser (REP)

Carrion Spike Stealth Ship (REP)

Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser (REP)

Hardcell-class Interstellar Transport (CIS)

Diamond-class Cruiser (CIS)

Saboath-class Destroyer (CIS)

Medium:

Acclamator-class Assault Ship (REP)

Munificent-class Star Frigate (CIS)

Large:

Venator-class Star Destroyer (REP)

Recuscant-class Light Destroyer (CIS)

Providence-class Carrier/Destroyer (CIS)

Huge:

Lucrehulk-class Battleship/DCS (CIS)

Subjugator-class Heavy Cruiser (CIS)

Commanders - A large array including Jedi, Senators, Sith and others. 

Droid boarding parties, clone trooper boarding parties, Jedi boarding parties.

2 hours ago, Ling27 said:

I agree. I believe the best way to do these is release the canon ships that carried over, even if just for a short time, for the GCW. Venators, Acclamators, Lucrehulks, ARC170s, ect. Split them how they need to be for GWC. This adds ships for the GWC, and adds ship variety.

Then, after enough ships are out, release conversion kits. Republic can get variants for the venator, acclamator, pelta, ect. CIS will get their ships repsectively.

Boom. More ships for GWC and we get CW.

Although, I don’t think fighters need to be interactive between factions tho, empire has enough fighters without late republic models as well. Same for rebels actually.

32 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

Although, I don’t think fighters need to be interactive between factions tho, empire has enough fighters without late republic models as well. Same for rebels actually.

True. Maybe save those for fighter packs or something. Something small like those can launch with any wave really.

Just the fact that you got 2 more factions to choose from would be a great gain for Armada.

Beside great ships like the Venetor-class I would love to see some major evolution in game mechanics. At least with Wave VII some new game mechanis were brought to the game, but havent developed completely and there is a huge amount of possibilities opened by Wave VII content:

- Assault keyword: Imagine a squadron with "Bomber" and "Assault", or a unique hero-squadron giving other squadrons that keywords.

- Raid tokens in general: Upgrade cards, giving your crit-symbols the ability to deal raid tokens. Or commanders working with that mechanic.

- New mechanic for Aim-symbol, like discarding them all to deal one Raid token. Or upgrading them to a new typ of crit-symbol (by commanders, e.g.)

- Chaff tokens: Imagine a defesive-commander, giving ever ship a chaff token or strengthen the chaff token with more abilities (like blocking crit-effects)

- New fleet commands and fleet support cards.

Clone wars era would mean more Armada content and more opportunities to give the Armada-game new process. From my point of view thats the real key about a possible clone wars era.

Edited by Jimbo2142

Providence-class dreadnought for CIS, and then the Republic Acclamator-class assault ship, and a Consular-class space cruiser in the main pack.

Obvious Arc-170s, and Vulture Droids as fighters for the pack.

Venator would come with fighters, because of the nature of the ship, and would come with 2 squads. One V-Wing Squad, and one Arc-170 Squad. (Y-Wings sold separately in fighter 1 packs with other fighters)

Providence-class dreadnought could also come with fighters, Tri Fighers and Vulture Droids (Again Bombers sold separately in fighter 1 packs)

Acclamator-class and Consular-class space cruiser  will have their own boosters obviously.

Hero Packs will contain Jedi Starfighters (E2) and CIS Heroes, like General Greivus in his fighter.

29 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

Providence-class dreadnought for CIS, and then the Republic Acclamator-class assault ship, and a Consular-class space cruiser in the main pack.

Obvious Arc-170s, and Vulture Droids as fighters for the pack.

Venator would come with fighters, because of the nature of the ship, and would come with 2 squads. One V-Wing Squad, and one Arc-170 Squad. (Y-Wings sold separately in fighter 1 packs with other fighters)

Providence-class dreadnought could also come with fighters, Tri Fighers and Vulture Droids (Again Bombers sold separately in fighter 1 packs)

Acclamator-class and Consular-class space cruiser  will have their own boosters obviously.

Hero Packs will contain Jedi Starfighters (E2) and CIS Heroes, like General Greivus in his fighter.

Like the core set idea, but I'd go with a Christophsis theme: Trench vs Yularen, V-19s and a unique stealth ship model instead of a CR20 (because a separate expansion where one could buy multiples would be weird.)