Jump to content
Sincereagape

Recruitment: Dawn of the Clone Wars - Abduction on Naboo

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Hmmmmm. I don't own Endless Vigil, so I'm not familiar with the rules.  I am familiar with the rules for LS construction from the FaD GM screen. 

If you are able to explain them for me in this thread or through PM I can review them to make a decision.  Once again, more yay than nay on this. 

This roll would also apply to @Quigonjinnandjuice and @Xcapobl too for their LS construction.

In the FaD GM screen a player is also able to use Lore along with Mechanics, not sure if this applies to Endless Vigil? 

You choose a template, which determines the difficulty (Average for a basic saber, Precision saber [Shoto, Lightsaber dagger, lightfoil], and defensive saber  [guard shoto]), acquire materials, roll the check as per table 3-10 (EV page 85), spend any uncancelled Advantages/ triumphs on additional goodies while the GM spends any uncancelled Threats/Despair on flaws from Table 3-12 EV page 87). Given that Rhothgar only gets to roll one Green die anyway, regardless (he doesn’t have Lore either), the chances of him getting both Successes and Advantages are nil, but he might fail outright (given that the difficulty is 2 purple) or certainly to get a flaw or two, unless he got help from an instructor. Like I said, he’s not too bright. 

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

You choose a template, which determines the difficulty (Average for a basic saber, Precision saber [Shoto, Lightsaber dagger, lightfoil], and defensive saber  [guard shoto]), acquire materials, roll the check as per table 3-10 (EV page 85), spend any uncancelled Advantages/ triumphs on additional goodies while the GM spends any uncancelled Threats/Despair on flaws from Table 3-12 EV page 87). Given that Rhothgar only gets to roll one Green die anyway, regardless (he doesn’t have Lore either), the chances of him getting both Successes and Advantages are nil, but he might fail outright (given that the difficulty is 2 purple) or certainly to get a flaw or two, unless he got help from an instructor. Like I said, he’s not too bright. 

A friend just sent me a picture of table 3-12.  Here is what I will do.  If @Quigonjinnandjuice and @Xcapobl are okay with it and/or want to try this too, then you can do this. 

LS construction through Endless Vigil is OPTIONAL.

-Players may use Lore in addition to Mechanics

-A Jedi Instructor with Intelligence of 3 may assist you.  Thus, Rhothgar will be rolling two green and one yellow. 

-No Destiny Points may be used.

Edited by Sincereagape
Grammer added No Destiny Points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

A friend just sent me a picture of table 3-12.  Here is what I will do.  If @Quigonjinnandjuice and @Xcapobl are okay with it and/or want to try this too, then you can do this. 

LS construction through Endless Vigil is OPTIONAL.

-Players may use Lore in addition to Mechanics

-A Jedi Instructor with Intelligence of 3 may assist you.  Thus, Rhothgar will be rolling two green and one yellow. 

-No Destiny Points may be used.

Works for me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me see if I get this straight:

Jonjo has Intellect 3, as does the instructor that has assited him. Neither has ranks in Mechanics. As such this would become unskilled assistence (FaD Core 34), providing a Boost Die at the option of the GM? It's not that the instructor adds Mechanisc 3 to Jonjo's Intellect 3, or vice versa, to increase the roll to 3 Proficiency Dice or anything like that. Or does the instructor add 1 or more Mechanics ranks in this case? Turning this into a Skilled Assistence check (again, FaD Core 34)?

Also, Jonjo has 1 rank in Knowledge Lore. What is meant by using that in addition to Mechanics? Add the total ranks together? Actually substitute Lore ranks for Mechanics, so Jonjo would have 2 Ability and one Proficiency dice by himself (3 Intellect, 1 Lore rank)? And what would the instructor add in this case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Xcapobl said:

Let me see if I get this straight:

Jonjo has Intellect 3, as does the instructor that has assited him. Neither has ranks in Mechanics. As such this would become unskilled assistence (FaD Core 34), providing a Boost Die at the option of the GM? It's not that the instructor adds Mechanisc 3 to Jonjo's Intellect 3, or vice versa, to increase the roll to 3 Proficiency Dice or anything like that. Or does the instructor add 1 or more Mechanics ranks in this case? Turning this into a Skilled Assistence check (again, FaD Core 34)?

Also, Jonjo has 1 rank in Knowledge Lore. What is meant by using that in addition to Mechanics? Add the total ranks together? Actually substitute Lore ranks for Mechanics, so Jonjo would have 2 Ability and one Proficiency dice by himself (3 Intellect, 1 Lore rank)? And what would the instructor add in this case?

In addition means in replace of or substitute.  

I don’t have the books with me. But for simplicity the Jedi instructor has a lore of 3. Looking at everyone’s sheet if you decide to take advantage of the jedis assistance that would mean..

tramp roles - 1 yellow and two green

xcap roles - three hello  intellect 3 Lore 3

quigonjuice can role - three yellow and two green  

otherwise you guys default to what is on your character sheet  I don’t have endless vigil so for I don’t know the base difficulties for what types of sabers  I’ll let you guys figure that out and trust each of you on the honor system 

 

just declare what type of saber you are rolling for before the roll  thanks  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

In addition means in replace of or substitute.  

I don’t have the books with me. But for simplicity the Jedi instructor has a lore of 3. Looking at everyone’s sheet if you decide to take advantage of the jedis assistance that would mean..

tramp roles - 1 yellow and two green

xcap roles - three hello  intellect 3 Lore 3

quigonjuice can role - three yellow and two green  

otherwise you guys default to what is on your character sheet  I don’t have endless vigil so for I don’t know the base difficulties for what types of sabers  I’ll let you guys figure that out and trust each of you on the honor system 

 

just declare what type of saber you are rolling for before the roll  thanks  

 

HEre are the base difficulties from table 3-10:

  • Standard lightsaber: Average (2 Difficulty)
  • Precision Lightsaber (Shoto, Light Foil, Dagger): Average (2 Difficulty)
  • Defensive Lightsaber (Guard Shoto),: Average (2 Difficulty)
  • Double-bladed Lightsaber (Double bladed lightsaber, Temple Guard Lightsaber Pike): Hard (3 Difficulty)
  • Pole Lightsaber (Lightsaber Pike, Long handled Lightsaber): Hard (3 Difficulty)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies all. I've been ambushed by some projects that came up.

I will get at least the stat parts of my character sheet posted tomorrow (today, since it's past midnight here) and I'll roll for the Destiny pool as well.

Thank you all for your patience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added Motivations. 

Looks like we have a pretty Cunning party (lots of 3s), and Dedication is a long ways off in the Investigator tree. My first 15 earned XP will most likely be spent on Street Smarts and Talk the Talk, both Cunning-based information gathering tools. I'm thinking about raising Cunning to 4, sacrificing my 3 Willpower and Seek upgrade. Thoughts? Input appreciated. Thanks!

edit: Also added Theed University to the background fluff. While the University of Bar'leth has an excellent Archaeology program, Theed University is the obvious choice for studying law. (Lance is also unlikely to have stayed at a single institution for so long.. and the Naboo tie-in is both fitting and potentially helpful.. or otherwise).

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official IC Thread has been posted.

 

GM Disclaimer:

Before we start. Please understand that in any ruling, my word is the final word.  You may disagree, and any ruling is open to discussion. But please respect the GM position even if you don't agree with a certain ruling.  I am a very fair GM and tend to favor the players in 99% of the situations encountered in game.

There are only two times I may purposely try to be a GM Nazi. 

1. You guys meta-game and go after Anakin Skywalker - If this happens Anakin's midichlorian count will rise up so high that little Annie will develop force choke with a magnitude of 8 and extreme range at a young age.  If his uber force choke does not kill you then Palp will turn into Sidious with a lightsaber that does 20 damage, 5 breach, and 0 crit. 

2.  You guys meta-game and go after Grand-Master Yoda - If you guys go after Yoda, then he simply blink his eyes and all of your heads will explode at the same time.

 

You have been warned.  Good luck, roll well, may the force be with you. 

 

Edited by Sincereagape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Added Motivations. 

Looks like we have a pretty Cunning party (lots of 3s), and Dedication is a long ways off in the Investigator tree. My first 15 earned XP will most likely be spent on Street Smarts and Talk the Talk, both Cunning-based information gathering tools. I'm thinking about raising Cunning to 4, sacrificing my 3 Willpower and Seek upgrade. Thoughts? Input appreciated. Thanks!

edit: Also added Theed University to the background fluff. While the University of Bar'leth has an excellent Archaeology program, Theed University is the obvious choice for studying law. (Lance is also unlikely to have stayed at a single institution for so long.. and the Naboo tie-in is both fitting and potentially helpful.. or otherwise).

Opted to bump Cunning to 4.

Dropped Willpower back down to 2 (dropping ST to 12), and removed Control upgrade.

EDIT: Never mind. I would be overspending my starting xp allotment, and I don't wish to lower Agility or Presence.. so reverting the sheet to how it was.

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...