Sign in to follow this  
meffo

half points?

greetings!

i was under the impression that all ships would be worth half points when calculating score in x-wing 2.0 tournaments. how ever, i've noticed that the tournament rules have not changed the text under the headline Calculating a Players Score. https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/84/73/8473eda1-c38b-434e-86bc-e78df35ce4cd/swx_tournament_regulations_v32.pdf

it still looks like this:

"Calculating a Player’s Score
A player’s score helps determine who won the game in certain circumstances and is used to calculate Margin of Victory (see “Margin of Victory” on page 7). Each player calculates their score by adding together the total squad point value of their opponent’s destroyed ships, including Upgrade cards equipped to those ships. In addition, each player receives half the total squad point value (including Upgrade cards), rounded down, of each enemy large ship whose combined total hull and shields, including any Hull Upgrades or Shield Upgrades, have been reduced to half or below.
If a player destroys all of his or her opponent’s ships, the opponent’s squad is worth 100 squad points for the purposes of calculating score, even if the total Ship and Upgrade cards are worth fewer squad points.
If a player concedes the game, all of his or her remaining ships are destroyed before calculating each player’s score."

this makes large ships worse than ever, especially now that we get medium ships. is this intentional? with less than a week to official release, it seems to me the development team might have missed this.

I would assume because that's the tournament ruleset for first edition xwing. Half points on all ships doesn't go into effect until second edition, which isn't released until 9/13/18. 1.0 is still in effect until then, and there are still store championships being played under 1.0.

Hopefully we'll be getting an all new Tournament Rules on release day.

I'm also really hoping for a new FAQ to address all the rules forum questions where the consensus ended up being "we'll have to wait for clarification to be sure"

And... I would only be a little surprised if we got our first point value changes on release day too. I haven't noticed anything glaring in my proxy games, but it's all about fine tuning, right?

So I was wondering about this.  We plan to have a tournament this week, but I have not seen official rules for tournaments and scoring.  I can make up my own guidelines, but I have not seen anything official from FFG.

There are 3 things that I noticed:

1) In the squad builder, if you share your list into a PDF format, you can learn about half point and threshold.

2) Half points and threshold only appear if the ship has at least 1 upgrade

3) Threshold appears to be when a ship has lost half its health or more:

- IG-88: 3 health

- Soontir : 2 health

- B-Wing : 2 health

- Wookie ship: 3 health

So the rule seems to be that if a ship loses half its health then it sacrifices half points, but is that what the new rule should be or is it another bug of the editor?