Sign in to follow this  
robert t

preorder shipping outside the USA

I've heard rumblings of there being delays in distributors/FLGS getting their preorders of 2.0 before the 13th.

As a result, I am wondering if we will see 2.0 before next week at the earliest, outside the USA that is.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Interestingly, I've heard rumours that the Canadian distributor has already fired their flares warning that product will be late to stores. I have no evidence to support this, but locally my shop is not expecting a timely delivery, and I've heard the same from others from their stores.

Edited by LagJanson
wow - I double-negatived unintentionally totally throwing my point in disarray

paying full price at Gencon plus currency conversion would double the cost of each kit/core. ?

hopefully things will be on time. 

Like lagjenson, I've heard rumors but hope they are not true.

Saws revenge was on time so there is hope...

9 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Interestingly, I've heard rumours that the Canadian distributor has already fired their flares warning that product will be late to stores. I have no evidence to support this, but locally my shop is not expecting a timely delivery, and I've heard the same from others from their stores.

Asmodee Canada not delivering on time? I don't believe you! 

It only took them 5 months to get BSFs to Ottawa, surely they can deliver many new products in massive quantities in a timely manner! 

4 hours ago, -Istaril said:

I've heard similar rumblings in Canada, but this seems par for the course given the "new" distributor, Asmodee Canada. 

Ya asmodee Canada has been not a pleasant experience. Distribution was really good in Canada before the switchover... now not so much.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:04 PM, -Istaril said:

I've heard similar rumblings in Canada, but this seems par for the course given the "new" distributor, Asmodee Canada. 

My game store gave me an update for Canada (well at least our store) we should have all product our store ordered on or before launch day but no one in Canada is receiving any pre-order damage decks, they will come later at some time apparently. 

4 hours ago, Icelom said:

My game store gave me an update for Canada (well at least our store) we should have all product our store ordered on or before launch day but no one in Canada is receiving any pre-order damage decks, they will come later at some time apparently. 

I do not like that news about the damage deck..  one of the reasons I did a pre-order.   

5 hours ago, Icelom said:

That's great seeing as I preordered from 401 games in Toronto to up the odds of getting that damage deck and that it's the only reason I preordered...

Like, I would have waited until my son showed interest in playing again first. The preorder bonus was to save me from needing multiple core sets from the get go.

I may just sell it at this point...

GG Asmodee Canada! Our launch events have even smaller planned turnouts than this year's store champs, which were a third of last year's. The faith is running low!

I ordered from 401 games too, I wonder - if they get the Core and Conversions but not the damage deck promos, will they ship or will they hold the whole order to await the promo deck?

From their persp, will cost them a fortune to ship all the promo decks out separately afterwards to all their clients.

From my persp, will suck to have my order waiting there for days/weeks just for a stupid promo deck ;)

I guess you can tell I'm pretty eager to get my grubby hands on some 2.0 ;)

Well if it happens as ICELOM heard, then I'll probably email 401 and tell em to ship the Core+Convs anyway, and hold my promo deck until I can put in my next $150 (free ship minnum) order for, like, Wave2 or whatevs. 

4 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

My FLGS (in Canada) said they got an email about the core set being delayed, possibly coming in Monday the the distribution warehouse, but that the damage decks were in the warehouse.. we shall see it seems.   

Lol sounds like we are all getting different info.

Edited by Icelom

2 hours ago, Icelom said:

Lol sounds like we are all getting different info.

And this is why I don't fully trust what I hear right now, not even from my own store. I'll be there on Thursday anyway, to see for myself what arrives. I won't hold my breath, but I remain hopeful.