Duciris

Return to the Dunwich Legacy

More importantly, the packaging needs primarily to ensure the product reaches you in good condition. The insert is there to keep the enclosed cards from rattling around inside that big old box. They probably never intended you to keep it, and while they could have gone the extra mile to make it fold in more than one place to hold the full cycle once you’ve arranged it at home, I’m not sure I’d expect them to do that. The insert is for transport of the product, nothing more, from what I can tell.

by forgot the '' rats '' and '' nighthaunts '' I was meaning forgot to give a solution for player who are ennoyed by the necessity to take these set out of her own box for every play. Some  players just buy a third core for putting the re-use sets in the same box as the cycle which use them. Here, a lot of people was hoping to see in this Return a possibilty to have all the need in the same box, with the replacements for the core box encounters set. We was near of that, but all the sets that are used only one time are not replaced, so, I know some people are ennoyed by that. They would have remove these sets in the instructions of the scenarios, or give replacements. 

And for the insert, I know what you mean Général Zodd, but I find it pretty pretty, so such a waste to hide it. I love the art on it ^^

I think it is a missed opportunity for them to replace the 2 encounter sets. It could have been the decisive factor for people who are on the fence on buying this if it allowed the dunwich legacy to become standalone. It would have very little effect on the sale of the core set since 99% of  people buy multiple for the player cards not for the encounter sets. In the first place nobody buys return to dunwich without having already bought dunwich legacy and nobody buys dunwich legacy without having already bought the core set. It would also generate goodwill among players who are going to buy this regardless and give them more incentive to buy the other return to sets.

14 hours ago, DarkFate said:

I think it is a missed opportunity for them to replace the 2 encounter sets. It could have been the decisive factor for people who are on the fence on buying this if it allowed the dunwich legacy to become standalone. It would have very little effect on the sale of the core set since 99% of  people buy multiple for the player cards not for the encounter sets. In the first place nobody buys return to dunwich without having already bought dunwich legacy and nobody buys dunwich legacy without having already bought the core set. It would also generate goodwill among players who are going to buy this regardless and give them more incentive to buy the other return to sets.

I don't see how it's that big a deal. If you're playing Return to Dunwich in the comfort of your own home, you've presumably got easy access to the Return to NotZ or Core box. If you're taking Return to Dunwich on the road, you can just transfer the three Core encounter sets into the box or store them with the player cards. If you're keeping Return to NotZ yourself and lending Return to Dunwich to a friend, they can just use their copies of those sets.

It is not a big deal but it doesn't have to be a big deal. Why do people go to the trouble of making their own dividers? Why do people store everything in a big box instead of the package it came in? For convenience and their own aesthetics and preference.