Duciris

Return to the Dunwich Legacy

One card has been spoiled on the French/Spanish language FFG page, and is mentioned a few posts above:

RttDL #5 is Contraband (level 2), Think On Your Feet (level 2) is actually RttDL #6

All the other player cards have been posted by someone who managed to track down a copy which had accidentally been put up for sale in Australia. I assume that you are deliberately sticking to the officially released FFG information?

2 hours ago, Assussanni said:

One card has been spoiled on the French/Spanish language FFG page, and is mentioned a few posts above:

Hide contents

RttDL #5 is Contraband (level 2), Think On Your Feet (level 2) is actually RttDL #6

All the other player cards have been posted by someone who managed to track down a copy which had accidentally been put up for sale in Australia. I assume that you are deliberately sticking to the officially released FFG information?

Really, I'm going with what I've seen on FFG.  Just getting the gauge of what to expect.  And #5 or #6 was a crapshoot.

Edited by Duciris

1 hour ago, k7e9 said:

Christmas came early this year... Oh, wait...

If you had look at the encounters cards, can you say how many new ennemis and locations are in every scenario's revisions ?? Just for not being deceived when I will open it. I think my hopes are a little bit on the top of the true content, as I can say by the number of cards by set. 

OK so I'm new to this as I have 1 core and enjoying it. Does this legacy replace some of the Dunwich stuff? Or do I still have to buy the xpac and all of the packs? 

Is this just a set where it mixes up the existing sets you own?

Just seeing how I need to go about buying the Dunwich series with this new legacy box

2 hours ago, Allonym said:

Lucky you! May I ask where you are based/where you ordered from? Hoping to get a copy soon!

Sweden, a local friendly gaming store had it in stock. So I got lucky!

1 hour ago, phorcys12 said:

If you had look at the encounters cards, can you say how many new ennemis and locations are in every scenario's revisions ?? Just for not being deceived when I will open it. I think my hopes are a little bit on the top of the true content, as I can say by the number of cards by set. 

I have been out shopping most of the day but I can provide a quick card count at least.

Scenario encounter sets:

Return to Extracurricular Activities: 1 scenario card, 1 location card, 2 encounter cards.

Return to House Always Wins: 1 scenario card, 2 location cards, 4 encounter cards.

Return to Miscatonic Museum: 1 scenario card, 2 location cards, 4 encounter cards.

Return to Essex County Express: 1 scenario card, 2 agenda cards, 3 location cards, 1 encounter card.

Return to Blood on the Altar: 1 scenario card, 7 location cards, 2 encounter cards.

Return to Undimension and Unseen: 1 scenario card, 6 encounter cards.

Return to Where Doom Awaits: 1 scenario card, 4 location cards.

Return to Lost in Time and Space: 1 scenario card, 1 agenda card, 1 act card, 5 encounter cards.

New Encounter sets:

Beyond the Threshold (replaces The Beyond): 6 encounter cards.

Resurgen Evils (replaces Ancient Evils): 3 encounter cards.

Secret Doors (replaces Locked Doors): 2 encounter cards.

Creeping Cold (replaces Chilling Cold): 4 encounter cards.

Erratic Fear (replaces Striking Fear): 7 encounter cards.

Yog-Sothoth's Emissaries (replaces Agents of Yog-Sototh): 4 encounter cards.

New Player Cards:

4 of each class (no neutral cards).

2 basic weakness cards.

Note that I only did a very quick card count, so there's always the risk that there could be some incorrect numbers above, but I believe it should be mostly accurate. I haven't had time to have an in-depth look at the cards and I like to be surprised while playing, so I will probably not look closer at the encounter cards until they show up in play.

thanks ^^ offcourse not want to waste your play experience. I was really excited when this was annouced, but confront to a nightmare deck of the sdajce, the amount of cards by scenarios is really poor in face. I have to say one thing, I want a lot of ennemis, because love the monsters and artwork of the game so much. But I will wait the final result to jusge the changement bringed to every scenario ^^ 

18 hours ago, NighToDay said:

OK so I'm new to this as I have 1 core and enjoying it. Does this legacy replace some of the Dunwich stuff? Or do I still have to buy the xpac and all of the packs? 

Is this just a set where it mixes up the existing sets you own?

Just seeing how I need to go about buying the Dunwich series with this new legacy box

No, the '' Return to ... '' expension are not replacing the buying of the whole cycle, deluxe with mythos packs. You cannot use what contain the Return to Dunwich Legacy if you have not the Dunwich Legacy deluxe, and the 6 mythos pack of the cycle. 

The '' Return to '' is a product who offer :                                           

1 -  xp version of a few player cards that was coming in the cycle ( 2 cards x2 by class, and a all new basic weakess ) 

2 - some treachery, ennemys, and location for every scenarios of the cycle, that much be ADDED to the original cards of these scenarios, for make variation to the the gameplay, sometime poor ( just a location changing, or a new ennemy in the encounter deck  ) or more impactant ( new agenda or act, that make the scenario's event really different of the first play version ... ) and always change things in the goal to fix the problem of some scenario, now they all have been played a lot. but those Revision of the scenario are good to play only after played some times the whole cycle in his original version, when you start to find the things predictable for you. And because the difficulty is sometimes increasing. 

3 - replacement encounters sets. When you construct the encounter deck, you have to put different encounters set in the deck. Some of them are replaced by a new one here. the majority of those replaced here are sets that origininally come from the core set, and not always coherent to the events or context of the cycle. All the sets of the core set used 2 times of more during the Dunwich cycle are replaced, with just another one that not come from the core, but was illustrated with old artwork. Those are making gameplay change by the variation they add.            

4 - a premium box that permit to range all the cycle and the cards of the product itself, because the deluxe box are useless for range. She is comming with some dividers for every scenario and encounters sets, and a list of achievement, something like the trophies in videogame, a goal to furfill if you want, that not add anything th the play, but that is just for fun and glory. There are also Ultimatums, that are playmode with a difficulty add. And at the end, a help to '' how to use the cards of this expension ''.  

15 hours ago, phorcys12 said:

No, the '' Return to ... '' expension are not replacing the buying of the whole 

Wow what a super reply that was. Thanks so much I really appreciate all of the info. 

Looks like I need to find some good places to pick up some xpacs. Guess I'll start with dunwich 

8 hours ago, NighToDay said:

Wow what a super reply that was. Thanks so much I really appreciate all of the info. 

Looks like I need to find some good places to pick up some xpacs. Guess I'll start with dunwich 

Only buy the "Return to [...]"-expansions when you already enjoy the campaign you're returning to and only if you want some more replay value from the set without wanting to spend more money on a new campaign.

Have fun!

Edited by Raahk

I'm very happy to see that the replacement for Ancient Evils (which has one of my favorite pieces of art in the franchise) received another of my favorites pieces of art - namely, the cover art from the MoM 1e expansion Call of the Wild!

box-MAD09-left.png

AHC01_166.jpgAHC28_64.jpg

When they post the images on either the QR page or cardgamedb.com, I'll add it here.  Aaaaand Done

Edited by Duciris

My minor quibbles with the Return. I am not going to discuss the size or usefulness of the box, that horse has been beaten to death. Most of us knew what we were getting since it is the same exact box (with different art) as the Return. I don't mind the size and I see the feeling that they were trying to convey.  My complants are as follows:

1. The insert. I feel this should have been sized for the complete campaign (sleeved). I can alter the one in there, but don't think I should have had to.
  2. No Dividers for the Return addons for the scenarios. I think there should have been a divider for either each scenario or at minimum one for entire Return to... set of cards. That would the box to work for both the original and the modified scenario easily.
  3. They gave us replacement encounter cards for all needed except Rats and Nightgaunts. If these two encounter sets had also been replaced it would have made the set for the most part stand alone. 

Minor issues, but thought I'd rant. Everyone else seems to.

Thanks

7 hours ago, MrCee said:

They gave us replacement encounter cards for all needed except Rats and Nightgaunts. If these two encounter sets had also been replaced it would have made the set for the most part stand alone. 

that's intentional, they want you to buy a second core...

25 minutes ago, phorcys12 said:

just a question. Can you put all the dunwich legacy cards ( encounters ) sleeved, and those of the return, without moving the insert ?? or are you forced to put it reverse or remove it ?? 

Even unsleeved, you need to at least invert the insert.

rhoo, that's unprofessional. they would have just change the things for adapt it. Really bad. Like the forgot of rats and nighthaunts. At least, they would have put the instruction '' remove the '' ... '' encounter set for the corresponding scenario ...

What do you mean? Rats and Nightgaunts are still used in those scenarios, I'm pretty sure. They didn't forget anything.

As for unprofessional, well, they can't really say how people are going to store their stuff. It has to fit both sleeved and unsleeved campaigns.