Thalandar

Dealing with 2 at st lists

Try and pick an objective that requires troops to score Victory Points and not unit leaders.  Then eliminate the troops.   If you waste your time on killing one AT-ST (11 HP) they will just get you with the second (22 HP). 

Just my 2 cents.

You could always try the much maligned ion gun a few times to get through the learning curve. Worst case scenario you lose a couple games of space dolls in the schoolyard. Best case scenario you learn to use a much unexpected attack for future games. People have a tendency to give up on something after one game. Me, I actually do take ion guns, recharge and all, cause my stupid lazer-gatlings always roll ALL. BLANKS. I am cursed when it comes to them.

13 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

You could always try the much maligned ion gun a few times to get through the learning curve. Worst case scenario you lose a couple games of space dolls in the schoolyard. Best case scenario you learn to use a much unexpected attack for future games. People have a tendency to give up on something after one game. Me, I actually do take ion guns, recharge and all, cause my stupid lazer-gatlings always roll ALL. BLANKS. I am cursed when it comes to them.

Had a friend who air dropped an ion trooper on my AT-ST’s backside with reinforcements. Managed to hard lock him down a turn between an ion token and the damaged result from losing some health (couple of other shots prior).

Ion troopers are reasonably decent when applied in unconventional ways.

I haven’t yet busted out my ion trooper from the snow, but I’ll have to give it a chance. 

People claim ion attacks are underpowered but don't realize their potential against the already underpowered big vehicle units.

A pair of ion attacks at a key moment can completely crippled a vehicle for a Turn or 2. They definitely shouldn't be any more powerful, especially because the ATST and airspeeder aren't that competitive.

Edited by Thraug