slowreflex

2.0 TIE Fighter Model vs 1.0 TIE Fighter Model?

Those of you that have been lucky enough to get a 2.0 Core already, are the TIE Fighter models any different?  Early views from people were that they are the same, but not sure if anyone has done close comparisons.

Thanks.

The 2.0 TIE Fighter color scheme is less blue than the Gozanti TIEs, but a darker gray than the 1.0 core set TIEs. It's a nice in-between color.

But it does look like they didn't use as much of a wash on the 2.0 TIEs, so the finer details don't pop out as much as on the 1.0 versions. This looked more apparent on the outside of the wings when I took a look at the ones I got in my core set. But that's a minor nitpick.

The model itself is exactly the same.

The models are the same, the paint color is basically the same as the gozanti TIEs but the paint scheme is... cleaner?  They don't look as dirty as the gozanti ones, maybe because the wash was applied differently.

I'm not really a fan of the new paint but I've already got 8 of the 1.0 TIEs so I guess they can just match with the gozanti ones for differentiating uniques or something if the need arises.

10 hours ago, william1134 said:

That is a shame. I was hoping that they would slightly re-sculpt to strengthen the connection of wings to body.

The FO tie fighters are a little more bulky  and don't have this problem.

They definitely don't have the stronger /fo wings, the wing struts connect to the solar panels the same was as the old TIEs do.  I've never had fragility issues with any TIEs but you can feel how much sturdier the /fo wings are just by squeezing them a little.

Edited by Effenhoog

10 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

Has anyone had problems with bent wings or the peg hole being put on wrong? Heard some people have had problems.

So far most of my 2.0 models have pegs that are slightly angled. The most pronounced is Lando’s Falcon

The limitations on uploading photos on this site drives me crazy from time to time. 

The new Blue from what I hear will be the standard Blue for all new imps, it is more on the Blue side of things as some grays can be blue - gray. The color is very blue. The tie fighters from the core set feel rushed in a few ways, mine are missing the wash which makes them look sub par. 

I have 4 different tie fighters models from over the course of X-Wing, each feels a bit different in some ways. The model of the newest feels the least Flimsy, but the mod used makes it feel too clean. 

I will find a way to up load some pictures.

First Core set

Imp Epic 

Recast which came out at some point

2.0 Core set.

Edited by Cubanboy