Sign in to follow this  
Chucklehead1

Updated Rebel Sab and Royal Guard cards

6 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

It's refreshing to hear from someone who isn't basically saying "shut up and play with your inaccurate components, they're good enough for you."

That'd be a fair point if absolutely anyone at all were saying that.

Skirmish (and the entire community growing around it) was forever doomed if 4x4 continued to dominate. FFG recognised that and fixed it. That fix cost players zero currency units and the amended card images were made available online for free. Yes, it'd be nice to see corrected cards in one of the new expansions, or some other solution - no-one complaining about it seems to have answered DerBaer's question, though. (I also remain slightly baffled that the FAQ shows only the old version of the files, as that would seem the sensible place to put the new card images; but still, the new images are freely available). In the meantime... the game works perfectly well, the community is as healthy as it seems likely to get, people can play both campaign and skirmish and have fun doing so... there literally isn't a problem. At all.

This thread, and comments like that one just there, are getting ridiculous, frankly. In fact... so ridiculous, I'm out. ?⬇️

16 minutes ago, Bitterman said:

That'd be a fair point if absolutely anyone at all were saying that.

Skirmish (and the entire community growing around it) was forever doomed if 4x4 continued to dominate. FFG recognised that and fixed it. That fix cost players zero currency units and the amended card images were made available online for free. Yes, it'd be nice to see corrected cards in one of the new expansions, or some other solution - no-one complaining about it seems to have answered DerBaer's question, though. (I also remain slightly baffled that the FAQ shows only the old version of the files, as that would seem the sensible place to put the new card images; but still, the new images are freely available). In the meantime... the game works perfectly well, the community is as healthy as it seems likely to get, people can play both campaign and skirmish and have fun doing so... there literally isn't a problem. At all.

This thread, and comments like that one just there, are getting ridiculous, frankly. In fact... so ridiculous, I'm out. ?⬇️

Like I've said countless times, it's a great game (one of my favorites!) and neither ignoring this problem nor spending the minimum resources to fix it is going to make or break this game.

It's just a nice thing that I'd like to happen and would be a pretty good solid for players like me who have invested hundreds of dollars into this game to have components that were accurate, but apparently I'm wrong for wanting it. 

So yeah, it is getting ridiculous, and I intended to be out of this days ago.

I forwarded a request to FFG customer service about the possibility to acquire the updated cards (Officer, RG and rebel saboteurs) and I got a negative answer :

Game Title: Imperial Assault
Component type: Cards
Details: Can you/Do you provide replacement cards for Imperial Officers, Royal guards and Rebel Saboteurs?  I bought the game before these cards received fixes.    Thanks!
Status for this item: Closed
Status details: Thank you for contacting us; unfortunately we do not service for changes made to our printings, editions or errata of our products. Thank you!

So it appears unless you are a skirmish player that attended the events where the fixed cards were provided, FFG does not have other plans to allow other players (mostly campaign players I suppose) to get a copy of those cards.  

37 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

I forwarded a request to FFG customer service about the possibility to acquire the updated cards (Officer, RG and rebel saboteurs) and I got a negative answer :

Game Title: Imperial Assault
Component type: Cards
Details: Can you/Do you provide replacement cards for Imperial Officers, Royal guards and Rebel Saboteurs?  I bought the game before these cards received fixes.    Thanks!
Status for this item: Closed
Status details: Thank you for contacting us; unfortunately we do not service for changes made to our printings, editions or errata of our products. Thank you!

So it appears unless you are a skirmish player that attended the events where the fixed cards were provided, FFG does not have other plans to allow other players (mostly campaign players I suppose) to get a copy of those cards.  

Well, there goes that idea.  Pretty disappointing.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:01 AM, DerBaer said:

If you would have left put the part "I bought the game before these cards received fixes.", then FFG would have send you the cards. That's nobody's fault but yours.

Heh, well if you have to lie in order to get the replacement then it's not exactly much of a replacement policy now is it :P

Let’s face it, some of the early cards were boned. RGs, Sabs, Vader, Luke, Han, Chewie, IG, BF... either overcosted or broken.  For overcosted figures, skirmish upgrades were made available for “free” as part of another box.  I really don’t see why they can’t / won’t do it for RGs or Sabs.  The game has changed and it’s on FFG to anticipate the meta and when things get sideways to make the consumer whole.  It especially makes no sense when it’s not costing them any money to fix...

20 hours ago, bdgolish said:

Let’s face it, some of the early cards were boned. RGs, Sabs, Vader, Luke, Han, Chewie, IG, BF... either overcosted or broken.  For overcosted figures, skirmish upgrades were made available for “free” as part of another box.  I really don’t see why they can’t / won’t do it for RGs or Sabs.  The game has changed and it’s on FFG to anticipate the meta and when things get sideways to make the consumer whole.  It especially makes no sense when it’s not costing them any money to fix...

Wave 8 Jabba's Realm has set a new power curve, and every new figure released after that has been relatively following that power curve

Farmboy Luke is still very playable if you only have the Core, but obviously that's not what FFG tournament is about when there are prizes up for grabs with people selling off prizes on eBay for real $$