Brainbilly

Melee range bands + Melee combat

5 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

Play something were weapons don't matter.  ?

I like modern scenarios.  I just want modern rpgs to reflect some semblance of reality.   

Edited by Eoen

48 minutes ago, Eoen said:

I like modern scenarios.  I just want modern rpgs to replect some semblance of reality.   

FFG's narrative dice systems are absolutely not meant to reflect reality in any way. They are meant to make a narrative. I don't like this philosophy and strongly prefer simulationist-style systems, so I'm often fighting with this one to keep it tolerable to me.

21 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

FFG's narrative dice systems are absolutely not meant to reflect reality in any way. They are meant to make a narrative. I don't like this philosophy and strongly prefer simulationist-style systems, so I'm often fighting with this one to keep it tolerable to me.

I’m fine with Star Wars being a space opera, as it always was Flash Gordon.  Simulation isn’t my interest in RPGs, I think video games handle crunch better and in a timely fashion.  It’s the drive for game balance that I have a problem with, rpgs are not pvp and don’t really need much balance as the GM has an I win button anyways.

43 minutes ago, Stan Fresh said:

There's more to modernity than guns 'n' ammo-based action.

Indeed. Things like strobe lights, rain, black leather/latex outfits and katanas.

The 90s was the peak of modernity. Modern day can't hold candle to it.

Because the 90s would hold up a neon glowstick to the candle and go "Who's modern now?", and swagger off and draw some extraneous ammo pouches.

26 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

Indeed. Things like strobe lights, rain, black leather/latex outfits and katanas.

Because the 90s would hold up a neon glowstick to the candle and go "Who's modern now?", and swagger off and draw some extraneous ammo pouches.

and suddenly, we're all in a game of Vampire: the Masquerade

1 hour ago, penpenpen said:

1 hour ago, Stan Fresh said:

and suddenly, we're all in a game of Vampire: the Masquerade

More like Cyberpunk 2020