Sign in to follow this  
BCooper85

How to build a Rebel HWK in 2.0?

Kyle. Moldy Crow. Perceptive Copilot. 

Basically all you need. 

Capable support ship with strong offence, good action availability and a turret option. I'm leaning towards treating at as a forward primary ship with a movable 'ability gun', but it's definitely got a good ability to boost past something at range 1 and shoot 3 dice from the side arc while having stockpiled focus tokens. 

I probably wouldn't joust with it, though, if you can avoid it. Still only five HP behind 2 agility. I've got a list where I think it will work in a sort of jousty position, but only because they'd be mad to go for the HWK with the wingmen I'll be packing. 

Engine Upgrade if you have the points free, but that's list dependent. 

People are trying to make Jan work. I'm not sure she's worth the points, though I might be undervaluing her Initiative alone. As far as I'm concerned, we'll have to see on that one. Good flying might make it work with Dash or Han in a big fat turret. 

24 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

People are trying to make Jan work. I'm not sure she's worth the points

She definitely is.
Less big guns in 2.0 so her ability may be even more interesting.
Big points reduction, vastly better chassis.
(But maybe I'm blinded by the comparison to the 1.0 **** HWK ^^)

Yeah, @GuacCousteau‘s suggestion with Kyle/Perceptive Co-Pilot I feel is a good standard to start with. Focus for days, Kyle can share, and that front arc plus mobile arc is fantastic.

@Dreadai‘s subbing in Jyn as the crew allows for some good options and is much cheaper than Perceptive Co-pilot. The loss of double focus a turn is sad, but for less points you can be handing out evades and the ability isn’t once per turn anymore.

For flying Jan, I recommend putting Nien Numb as crew. He’ll give you blue banks, allowing Jan to have more options with how to drop the stress caused by her ability. I am also looking to try her out with a YT-24, likely eyeing a list very similar to what @Admiral Deathrain is looking at. 

Haven’t started really theory crafting with Roark yet, but title with Perceptive Co-pilot is a solid enough baseline that I’ll probably start with that.

All of these builds could be helped by Engine Upgrade. A while boost is a nice tool to have, but it depends on points.

I really don't like the Rebel HWKs.

The scum HWKs combine keeping arc on your opponent (to fire) with doing nasty stuff to your opponents when they're in your arc.  The Rebel HWKs require keeping arc on your opponent (to fire) with also having to keep arc on your teammates to give them buffs.  That's a lot harder to do both but it doesn't seem like they've had any points reductions to reflect that increased difficulty vs the Scum.

Edited by SOTL