The captn

Tourney trays

8 hours ago, The captn said:

Whatvis everyone using for tourney tray for legion? Im trying tonmake it easier to transport between tables in an efficent manner.  Ive seen the wood one ebay but im not ready to drop cash on it yet.

You could get a purely functional one for Legion sized armies at bigbox craft stores like Michael's and AC Moore. An unpainted white wood tray with a 1-2" rim around the edge and handles built into the rim. They are not pricey and the worst case scenario, you can usually find 40, 50 or 60% off coupons for these types of stores.

Lots of sculpey and gold paint could make it look like a drink tray from Jabba's palace.

Edited by TauntaunScout

I bought these from Mini Duels while at Adepticon this year. HIGHLY recommend them! And.. the top loadout tray can be switched with another design or a different game system! I also got a top for X-Wing. The drawer has several compartments which can also be moved to make different sizes. 

29541209_10160268689650381_6639791412992

19 minutes ago, Lord Cedric said:

I bought these from Mini Duels while at Adepticon this year. HIGHLY recommend them! And.. the top loadout tray can be switched with another design or a different game system! I also got a top for X-Wing. The drawer has several compartments which can also be moved to make different sizes. 

29541209_10160268689650381_6639791412992

I second this, particularly for people who play multiple games.  I have the box, and a topper for Infinity and one for Armada.  

https://www.amazon.com/Greenco-Bamboo-Foldable-Breakfast-Serving/dp/B01DV12NK4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1536105057&sr=8-7&keywords=breakfast+tray+legs&dpID=51T956JMsIL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I use a breakfast tray because I'm not going to be slinging around my tray so I have no need for them to be in individual slots. Plus it's way faster to just place all the models on the tray, folds up into my backpack easily, and isn't a ridiculously overpriced assembly required laser cut setup that smells like burnt wood for a month.

Alternatively, fast food trays and picture frames/shadow boxes make great tournament trays too.

I used to be all about the customized trays for Warmachine and Hordes, but the breakfast tray has just been way better and way cheaper. If you magnetize your minis, the breakfast tray is even better because you can just put a steel sheet on the bottom.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:16 PM, Hawkstrike said:

Insert from a Hobby Lobby Artist's Case that is left over from turning the case into a card game holder.

Which one?  I have a hobby lobby near me, and while I may never go to a tournament I always like seeing people’s solutions to various problems.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:57 PM, Hoffburger said:

I used to be all about the customized trays for Warmachine and Hordes, but the breakfast tray has just been way better and way cheaper. If you magnetize your minis, the breakfast tray is even better because you can just put a steel sheet on the bottom.

Or just buy one of those folding metal ones to begin with and magnetize with reckless abandon.

4 hours ago, frbfli said:

Magnets. These magnets fit underneath Legion bases without any trouble. (Every now and then there's a slight bubble in the center, in which case you can just shift the magnet.) I use a cooking sheet to go from table to table.

QFT.  I looked at the fancy laser-wood boxes with some envy and not a small bit of desire [a moderate bit of desire would also be an understatement].  In the end I went with magnets, a cookie sheet from the dollar store and picked up General Veers with the difference.  I haven't done it yet, but the extra bonus is you now have the option to carry your infantry and bike list in a couple of Star Wars lunch boxes.

7 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

Which one?  I have a hobby lobby near me, and while I may never go to a tournament I always like seeing people’s solutions to various problems.

This one:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Storage-Organization/Storage/All-Media-Artists-Supply-Sketch-Box/p/5227

I stained the wood and put felt on the bottom of the removeable center insert to make a carry tray. The box itself got a go7gaming insert for card game storage.

Edited by Hawkstrike

I just use a Plano box. I haven't used it for a tournament, but I reckon it would take about the same amount of time to fit the minis into the slots on top of one of those wooden boxes as it takes to drop them into the slots in the Plano. And then you're also good to go for general transport.

Currently using a few of these. 

www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Sewing-Quilting-Notions/Sewing-Boxes-Storage/Craft-Storage-Box/p/36745

Holds 4 squads without over population. They worked but was rather cranped tring to use 1 box to move between tables with 6 squads and trip bikes. What ever route is chosen id like it fit in my carry bag and not chew up alot space as its cramped as it is.