TBot

Afterburners come in fang pack that cant use it?

I have heard people complaining that there are too few sources of afterburners (much like 1.0 autothrusters). And I agree. Its really annoying that ill only have 1 copy after buying a core and all the conversion kits. As I usually supply all gaming material when friends come over.

But where else can you get afterburners? The fang pack. Which can not use them...Whats up with that?

That being said, still pumped for 2.0. FFG have made a lot of great decisions.

It's the first small Scum ship being released in 2.0 so they put the card in thre so people who only want to collect Scum have access to it without buying out of faction.  The Firespray is more expensive and everyone converting likely already has one of those, so putting Afterburners in there would have sucked.  Also, there's more of a reason to get a new Fang: SPINNY WINGS!, so folks are more apt to purchase this new model and get the card they'll want for other ships.  And no buying out of faction.  BOOM!  Thanks FFG!

Edited by Bad Idea Comics

2 minutes ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

It's the first small Scum ship being released in 2.0 so they put the card in thre so people who only want to collect Scum have access to it without buying out of faction.  The Firespray is more expensive and everyone converting likely already has one of those, so putting Afterburners in there would have sucked.  Also, there's more of a reason to get a new Fang: SPINNY WINGS!, so folks are more apt to purchase this new model and get the card they'll want for other ships.  And no buying out of faction.  BOOM!  Thanks FFG!

Isn't it simplier to just add another copy of Afterburner to core set, or, you know, Conversion Kits?
The level of delusion when it comes to defend dubious FFG practices is unreal.

Just now, Embir82 said:

Isn't it simplier to just add another copy of Afterburner to core set, or, you know, Conversion Kits?

Not. delusion - practicality.  You're a serious negative Nancy wherever you appear.  Seriously dude, if you don't like it, don't buy it.  My explanation makes perfect sense.  Have you ever handled design and packaging?  Dealt with production schedules?  I have.  It's hard, and weird stuff happens and you're forced to make compromises.  Obviously, FFG had to make some sort of compromise otherwise, you're right, they would have added it to the conversion kits.  What could have happened (or as you deem it, SHOULD have happened) doesn't matter one iota.  Here's the reality: the card is available to scum players without having to buy out of faction in a package that Scum players will want to buy.  That's both solid marketing and taking care of the consumer all in one.

50 minutes ago, TBot said:

I have heard people complaining that there are too few sources of afterburners (much like 1.0 autothrusters). And I agree. Its really annoying that ill only have 1 copy after buying a core and all the conversion kits. As I usually supply all gaming material when friends come over.

But where else can you get afterburners? The fang pack. Which can not use them...Whats up with that?

default carddefault card

Boom. At least two different Fang pilots can carry Afterburners.

inb4 someone brings up "tournament play" without also mentioning that upgrade slots are not set in stone and can be changed via the app

50 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

So what you're asking is for everything with creating incentive to purchase other items, but are not satisfied when said product is included in the "main" element in converting from one standard edition to the next, because there's only one copy and that doesn't fit your list building needs. Why is it their fault? They're giving you a copy of Afterburners, you want more than you need to buy other products, they do run a business after all.

This is the same argument for Agile Gunner and Composure which are both in an Expansion Pack (not in the core set/conversion kits) you want the new cards buy the new expansion, they're giving everything needed to "convert 1.0 to 2.0" they didn't say we'd give you all the other cards to "immediately" if they feel the faction needs them they'll be in later expansions. If not I guess you'll find another way of getting them. The sense of entitlement by this player base is unbelievable.

9 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

I'm finding it hard to afford even a single copy of Afterburners in a list, and you are desperate for multiple copies?!?

At it's current point cost I can only think of a few pilots I'd use it on the most obvious being Darth Vader.

2 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Sure, but Vader already costs 82 points to field, you don't want to load him up too much.

Vader + Ryad or Brath is pretty strong and a Vader build at 98 isn't that bad especially if you run a small Inferno Squad with him.

Vader + Supernatural Reflexes, FCS, Clusters, Afterburners (98) 

Edited by Cgriffith

Just now, Cgriffith said:

Vader + Ryad or Brath is pretty strong and a Vader build at 98 isn't that bad especially if you run a small Inferno Squad with him.

Vader + Supernatural Reflexes, FCS, Clusters, Afterburners (98) 

Am I the only one who doesn't like clusters, doubly so on the Advanced?  Waste of five points on Vader, invest those on the Defender or TIEs.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like clusters, doubly so on the Advanced?  Waste of five points on Vader, invest those on the Defender or TIEs.

I'd have to play with them to see how I like them, but my initial missile of choice for Vader would definitely be proton rockets. 

4 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

They've work well for me those far that Vader build is very tough to beat. I'm 6-0 right now with the Vader/Ryad build

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!195:123,113,10,98:-1:-1:;173:74,113,98,105:-1:-1:&sn=Imperial March&obs=coreasteroid5

1 hour ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

Not. delusion - practicality.  You're a serious negative Nancy wherever you appear.  Seriously dude, if you don't like it, don't buy it.  My explanation makes perfect sense.  Have you ever handled design and packaging?  Dealt with production schedules?  I have.  It's hard, and weird stuff happens and you're forced to make compromises.  Obviously, FFG had to make some sort of compromise otherwise, you're right, they would have added it to the conversion kits.  What could have happened (or as you deem it, SHOULD have happened) doesn't matter one iota.  Here's the reality: the card is available to scum players without having to buy out of faction in a package that Scum players will want to buy.  That's both solid marketing and taking care of the consumer all in one.

Seriously. After unpacking the promo conversion kits at my FLGS, they're already massively packed with cardboard. There is not much wasted space in there.

5 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

They've work well for me those far that Vader build is very tough to beat. I'm 6-0 right now with the Vader/Ryad build

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!195:123,113,10,98:-1:-1:;173:74,113,98,105:-1:-1:&sn=Imperial March&obs=coreasteroid5

And you've found the Clusters more useful than you would have found any of the other missile options?

To the OP. 

My guess is that it comes with the Interceptor and the A-Wing and that those are going to be in the next wave, but that there isn’t another scum ship coming out soon that makes sense to include it. They said people are going to be able to go faction specific, so they had to put it in a scum expansion somewhere, and this happened to be it. 

Pure speculation, of course. We won’t know for sure for a few months. 

10 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

And you've found the Clusters more useful than you would have found any of the other missile options?

For what I want to do with the use of Ryad, and when I wanted to engage/attack from different flanking directions. I have also separated the two at turn zero, forcing my opponent's to choose which one they would let flank their ships. Both pilots can get to R2 easily, Vader and his repositioning is going to be bonkers. Having the ability to fire clusters multiple times is a very useful mechanic.

You miss with Prockets  and you don't get a second chance. It only has 1 recharge

Edited by Cgriffith

5 hours ago, nexttwelveexits said:

default carddefault card

Boom. At least two different Fang pilots can carry Afterburners.

inb4 someone brings up "tournament play" without also mentioning that upgrade slots are not set in stone and can be changed via the app

This. Note that quick builds aren't 'easy mode' squad building but genuinely different squad building; a good 1/3 to 1/2 of the quick build pilots are not able to be duplicated using points, and - as noted - the threat 3 Fang aces both use afterburners. You'll note they both have hull upgrades, too, which is also 'illegal'.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

6 hours ago, TBot said:

I'm still bummed by that. The only Wave I Scum ship that'll make use of it is the Mining Guild TIE... ?

Let's see how the Fang flies without it, though

6 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

You aren’t the only one. I can’t even like them on Redline and they get double lock if they want. For Vader it’s 5pts of bid you can’t get back. 

I think my biggest problem with them is the range. If they were range 2-3 I would be in, but they offer no tangleble bonus at range 1-2 that a normal gun doesn’t do other than maybe getting to shoot twice. 

My question would be what's cheaper than a Fang pack?  If the problem isn't enough sources to acquire multiple copies, where would adding them to something else be cheaper?  Buying multiple cores?  Or conversion kits, or a large base model?  Or were you just wanting the card packaged into things you're already buying?