Bitterman

Imperial Assault Tools - List Builder, Card Editor, more... - now works on Windows 7!

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood, my mistake.

If there's not room for the text, it can't show it... but I haven't checked exactly how much room there should be. Can you please let me know the words that don't fit, and on which card types? If I can squeeze in more room I'll try to do that, but I probably won't make it draw text outside the text area.

I did think for a while about extending the card designer for other factions such as Separatists, Republic, Resistance, and First Order; and maybe even make it completely customisable so if you wanted, you could make Imperial and Chaos cards and use it for a 40K version of the game, or whatever. But, there's a lot of work in making that happen and it just doesn't seem worth the payoff, so I decided not to do it. This was already true back when I was thinking about it, when this forum regularly saw some activity. It's even more the case now, with the game in a coma and the forum basically dead. I still hope to get round to finishing the work I've done on a mission editor at some point, because that's a really impressive and unique new feature available nowhere else. Smaller tweaks to existing apps don't seem worth the time.

I'm not sure what you mean about the card backs, in the card designer? Most of the card decks have fixed and standard backs, and those that aren't, seem more suited to an art package than a simple designer like this one.

Posted (edited)

It is a pity that they have let a great game like this die, in addition they could create a character amount taking advantage of clone wars, rebels, the last films.

If you could do the separatists, Republica, First Order, Resistance would be great.

I understand that it supposes a great effort and that it would not suppose any reward. I will keep up with this forum.

With the design of the back part I was referring to the following image: (if you want to use it, it's all yours)

Thank you.

carta heroe reverso oki.png

Edited by Callebull99

If you think you are a simple programmer you are cheating, because I do not know anyone who spends their free time to make an application, and also this application is unique and I think that only for these two things you are a great programmer.

These images that I send you I have done with the template that I sent you.

Thanks.

carta rex reversoi.png

asoka reverso.png

paxy campos.png

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 4:27 AM, Bitterman said:

I did think for a while about extending the card designer for other factions such as Separatists, Republic, Resistance, and First Order; and maybe even make it completely customisable so if you wanted, you could make Imperial and Chaos cards and use it for a 40K version of the game, or whatever. But, there's a lot of work in making that happen and it just doesn't seem worth the payoff, so I decided not to do it. This was already true back when I was thinking about it, when this forum regularly saw some activity. It's even more the case now, with the game in a coma and the forum basically dead. I still hope to get round to finishing the work I've done on a mission editor at some point, because that's a really impressive and unique new feature available nowhere else. Smaller tweaks to existing apps don't seem worth the time.

I'm not sure what you mean about the card backs, in the card designer? Most of the card decks have fixed and standard backs, and those that aren't, seem more suited to an art package than a simple designer like this one.

I really hope you get around to finishing that Mission editor as well, My friends and I really have had a lot of fun playing through Imperial Assault Campaign with our custom characters. But It'd be even better if we could make our own missions in the same format as the base game. Great Job Man!!!!

Edited by sfiel42

I think it would be cool to add the extra factions, especially considering that my brother and I have been making Deployment cards for the Republic and Separatist factions. Though I understand why you wouldn't add them, as the game has pretty much died out. That doesn't change how much I enjoy the game and making my own characters using the editor.

Aside from that, I made revisions to my Jedi, well technically Grey Jedi. I also made a Campaign Deployment Card and a side mission for the heroes to earn him as an Ally. However, I can't actually show the new version due to file size.

Ruz Wren.png

What I did was change his attack pool to any two attack dice, but when he declares an attack he becomes Focused. This was to ensure that he couldn't hit as hard as Vader.

For the campaign version, I changed his Adaptable Warrior ability to allow how him to use the Surge abilities of melee weapons used by heroes within 2 spaces of him.