Bitterman

Imperial Assault Tools - List Builder, Card Editor, more... - now works on Windows 7!

15 hours ago, BraveTrooper said:

Win and Lose rates possible on Skirmish army? ūüėÉ

I did consider this, but decided against it. Perhaps use the Notes section for the list if you want to track this kind of thing.

Posted (edited)

After doing some play-testing, i discovered that rolling any 2 attack dice wasn't very effective for a melee based character, especially for Ruz, considering his Adaptive Warrior ability, which I also changed to where it is now any Force User or Brawler within 2 spaces rather than adjacent. I have play-tested this revision, and both me and my assistants agree that he is mostly balanced.

I also decided to make Clonetroopers and Clone Commanders.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Realized right after posting this that it should say, "You may not role more than 2 dice of the same color."

Ruz Wren.png

eClonetroopers.png

eClone Commander.png

Edited by MCterrarianerd34

My son and I happily spent 3+ hours yesterday, designing new Deployment Cards for skirmish.  As we were doing this we said to each other, "Wouldn't it be cool if you could also make Command Cards?"  And then we noticed that cnemmick's Fix document showed new cards, so this morning I got on the forums to hunt down this thread.  All I can say is w-o-w!  This is amazing!  Thank you so much!  Paypal incoming.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty pleased with the reception these tools have had and the pleasure that the community has had from them. I still hope to expand the tools still further, when I get time to work on the other stuff.

I really appreciate the donation too - clearly these tools were made for fun not profit, but it's always nice when someone feels able to make a concrete and generous recognition of the value they've got from the tools suite. Thanks!

Edited by Bitterman

Not sure what you mean by "don't have access", should be straightforward to click past the Dropbox prompts to download it.

Not sure about "ability w/ computer" either; do you mean you don't have Windows 10? If not you're out of luck, it's true, but otherwise the tools are really easy to use.

Hey,

Wonderful work with that software !

I just have one problem : export quality, when i use Export Image, or Print Multiple function, is not really good. And i don't have any way to change the quality export settings.

But when i take a look at the custom content posted here, cards seems to be in good quality.

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

Basically, what you're seeing there is the difference between screen quality (96 dpi) and print quality (at least 150, more usually 300 dpi).

This tool makes cards at screen quality, because it matches what FFG have "spoiled" on their website. I'm afraid that's not going to change.

Personally I still think it looks OK when printed, it just doesn't look as good as prints of the official cards because they were created at print resolution and printed on professional card printers.

Not sure what you mean by Fringe hero sheets (are they like Mercenaries/Scum?) but no, Hero sheets will only be Hero or Anti-Hero. This is following FFG's example where even the Scum characters like Onar got "Rebel" Hero sheets.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Averross said:

When I open the Card Viewer or try to edit Abilities in the Card Editor, I get this error.

Unfortunately that's a known issue with running on Windows 7 or 8. Try Windows 10 if you can.

...which is good advice anyway, by the way: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-windows-7-support In just over six months, MS will stop putting out security updates for Windows 7. It's mad to still be using it at this point.

[edit] Although... that dialog box shows more information in the stack trace than has ever been seen before! This might be the clue I needed to fix it...?

Edited by Bitterman

@Averross can you please select the whole text in that text box (starting "See the ends of this message..."), copy it, and send it to me in an email using "Report a Bug or Suggestion" from the Help menu? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Bitterman said:

Unfortunately that's a known issue with running on Windows 7 or 8. Try Windows 10 if you can.

...which is good advice anyway, by the way: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-windows-7-support In just over six months, MS will stop putting out security updates for Windows 7. It's mad to still be using it at this point.

[edit] Although... that dialog box shows more information in the stack trace than has ever been seen before! This might be the clue I needed to fix it...?

Yeah, I'm not infecting my computer with Windows 10. When the day comes that new hardware isn't 7 compatible, I'm jumping to Linux.

6 hours ago, Bitterman said:

@Averross can you please select the whole text in that text box (starting "See the ends of this message..."), copy it, and send it to me in an email using "Report a Bug or Suggestion" from the Help menu? Thanks.

That button wouldn't work either because I deactivated MS Outlook. I'll just PM it to you.

OK, so - it looks like Windows 7 and 8 can't understand the font used for some of the card text (no idea why not, it's a perfectly good font that works fine on Windows 10). As a workaround, I've told it to use Times New Roman for that text instead. This won't look quite right compared to the official cards, but it's better than nothing.

Could someone with Windows 7/8 please try the latest version (from the usual place) and see if the Card Editor now works when you type something into the Abilities (Text box). The Card Viewer might or might not work, depending on the next paragraph...

I have currently only set it to do this for the regular font, hoping that the bold and italic versions work. To check, could someone please enter the following text into the Abilities (Text box):

Regular

<b>Bold</b>

<i>Italic</i>

<b><i>Bold Italic</i></b>

Thanks.

Copypasta'd your Quote box, and it said...

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
   at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.BindToObject.SetValue(Object value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.PullData(Boolean reformat, Boolean force)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Binding.Target_PropertyChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ImpAss.CardEditor
    Assembly Version: 4.1.3.6
    Win32 Version: 4.1.3.6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/ImpAss.CardEditor.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3081.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ImpAss.Common
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/ImpAss.Common.DLL
ImpAss.CardRenderer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/ImpAss.CardRenderer.DLL
Kensei.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.1.1.36
    Win32 Version: 4.1.1.36
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/Kensei.Windows.Forms.DLL
Kensei
    Assembly Version: 4.1.1.36
    Win32 Version: 4.1.1.36
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/Kensei.DLL
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3062.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
ImpAss.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/ImpAss.WinForms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.1.22727
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
ImpAss.Resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Kensei/Kensei%20Imperial%20Assault%20Tools%20Suite/ImpAss.Resources.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

OK, thanks. If you try again with the latest version (at the usual place) the Card Editor and Card Viewer should both hopefully work this time, including when text is entered into the Abilities box.

Let me know if it does or not. If it does, a lot of people stuck on Windows 7 but who have wanted to use this might be quite happy. (Notwithstanding that it's hard not to recommend upgrading anyway).

2 hours ago, Bitterman said:

OK, thanks. If you try again with the latest version (at the usual place) the Card Editor and Card Viewer should both hopefully work this time, including when text is entered into the Abilities box.

Let me know if it does or not. If it does, a lot of people stuck on Windows 7 but who have wanted to use this might be quite happy. (Notwithstanding that it's hard not to recommend upgrading anyway).

It works! Thanks a bunch!

(Notwithstanding the only upgrade to Windows 7 is Linux.) </OSSnobbery>