Sign in to follow this  
driveinns

Arkham Horror novels?

I'm afraid no one really knows - sorry not to have a better answer. Given that they sold so well (and sold out), FFG may be planning to reprint them. But they normally keep quiet about such plans until they can announce something. 

I can tell you (from the Upcoming page) that Hour of the Huntress (Jenny Barns) is On the Boat (which, loosely, is a 2 to 6 month window) and that the other 4 are Awaiting Reprinting (which is indefinite).

For a more productive look, you could email customer services.  They're a pretty helpful bunch.

Given how well they've sold, I'm convinced they will be reprinting them.  It's just a matter of when.

As always on this subject, I will point out that they are actually really fun stories and if you're wanting to read them they are available at DriveThruFICTION.com and amazon.com for $3.99USD each.  That said, I originally bought them for the cards, so I get that the digital copies won't slake that thirst.

Edit:

The other positive thing I can add is that they released books like this for Android (Netrunner, not the iPhone competitor).  Those sold reasonably well, and after some time they tried it with Arkham.  This time, added promos.  Those did much better.  Next, they tried the same thing with L5R.  I gather that they upped the production because I haven't heard of any lacking sales (as a side note, those promos are alt-art).  That tells me that they've learned from Arkham's landslide sales.  I expect more Arkham books coming, and better projections for those print runs when they do.

Edited by Duciris

I could've sworn the Jenny book had been reprinted recently, given a stock of it came into my LGS a month or so back - and has since sold out again, though at least I managed to nab one this time ;)

I will add that I don't like the alt-rule promos being in the books - straight alt-art would be fine, but with the short print run on these, making some cards reliant on picking them up is really annoying...

those books are hard to get, I had to jump through hoops for mine. 

If it's the cards youre after I highly recommend Silas and Norman, they both utilize very unique playstyles and are quite capable.

I will say that they have been under communicating on these books for the entire time.

I am hoping with how well that the Silas book did, they will do more early announcements of their release.

I really want to get a copy of each. I'm new to the game, but I love it so much I just want to collect it all! ? 

So FFG if you're reading this, there are people who want them, so print a decent run sometime soon, please, thank you, cherries and cream! ? 

Honestly, I would love them. 

Thanks. 

On 9/6/2018 at 5:42 PM, jjvreed said:

I'm waiting for them to announce the next set. I think it's way past due, honestly.

Indeed.  The first book was announced/released just in time for Arkham Nights last year (10.13.17).  That's not very far away.  The second came out 12.07.17 & the third on 02.2.18.  If we assume that they didn't know the whole run was going to be a smashing success before the third book, that's almost seven months to get the next books underway.

Now, I haven't the foggiest of how long it takes to outline, commission, write, edit, approve, and get a novella to publishing, so it could be a while yet before the product actually hits shelves (and flies off of them).  However, if that is their agenda, teasing announcements should be feasible before they do.

---

As long as we have the dialogue, who do you want to see?

I want Daisy Walker & Diana Stanley.  I have no idea what Daisy's would be about, but I really want to see Diana's growing business, her joining the Silver Twilight, helping to kill that poor man, and trying to escape that ritualistic cult she's unwittingly become a member of.  Plus, trying to survive the members who know she's left.

Edited by Duciris

On 9/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, Duciris said:

As long as we have the dialogue, who do you want to see?

I want Daisy Walker & Diana Stanley.  I have no idea what Daisy's would be about, but I really want to see Diana's growing business, her joining the Silver Twilight, helping to kill that poor man, and trying to escape that ritualistic cult she's unwittingly become a member of.  Plus, trying to survive the members who know she's left.

Charlie Kane (discovers a lot of things can't be bought at any price), Sister Mary (always one of my favorite characters)

I would like to see at least one novella where the investigator is devoured or otherwise LITAS at the end. It's not Arkham if there's always a happy ending.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:05 AM, jjvreed said:

I would like to see at least one novella where the investigator is devoured or otherwise LITAS at the end. It's not Arkham if there's always a happy ending.

I expect we won’t see that for any of the mains.  I think the novellas are meant as the characters’ introduction to the world.

Some of the other characters have died in the books.  I wouldn’t mind if mains end up broken or in a significantly worse condition.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:43 AM, Jobu said:

I will say that they have been under communicating on these books for the entire time.

I am hoping with how well that the Silas book did, they will do more early announcements of their release.

Under-communication is FFGs default setting!

The L5R novella The Sword and the Spirits only recently went out of stock on the FFG web store after a long period of sale and there is still an abundance of stock on all the online stores I frequent (UK), yet the reprint is already listed on their upcoming page as "At the Printer" so they were quick to pull the trigger on that one.  It shows there's no big obstacle in ordering a reprint if they really want to.

It would be one thing if under communication was the issue, but Ire of the Void was in reprint limbo since January 31.  I have Ire and Dirge, but not the last two books.  I've been watching Ire's timeline so I can better guage the time line for Carolyn's book, and Silas's book.

23 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

Hour of the Huntress has been reprinted and is even now on the boat. (as is Guardians of the Abyss)

Untitled.png

Right, but how long has Hour been in reprint limbo before it was recently reprinted and shipped out on boat?

That's showing as On the Boat - but with a Last Update date of June. I know I got my copy more recently than that, so I wonder if someone forgot to update its status when it made it off the boat, out to shops, and presumably sold out again...