Orkimedes

NOVA Open recap - Terrain pics and undefeated lists

Good read, thanks. Those were some ... uninspiring boards. You would think the boards would be thematically impressive, diverse, and just jaw dropping coming from the company that makes the game. They could have done a lot better than using two 3x3 mono-color mats. It doesn't take too much to make a board that brings you to a setting that also has good play diversity.

I'm not even that great at terrain crafting, but my quickly boards aren't hard to setup and transport. Posting a pic from a recent game vs my nephew......hold.....

Edited by Thraug

8 hours ago, Son of Skywalker said:

Yeah those tables where pretty craptacular.  Nova didn't seem to put much effort into the tables, kind of like they "phoned" it in.

FFG provided all the terrain, not the NOVA TOs.  It was the same batch from GenCon.

At least they let us use barricades on day 2.

8 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Wow, my home bord terrain is better than these. Makes me a little sad.

I haven’t made any meta building at all. For those Veers/trooper spam, do they just have enough of them that they can survive Luke when he comes clobbering them?

If Luke gets caught in the open he goes down fairly quickly. I'll often place a squad as bait to draw him out early so the rest of the army can finish him. Luke can, and maybe should, be used for area denial as much as for actual killing. He's not great at absorbing a bunch of incoming fire. 

In a game i played a few weeks ago i managed to turn 2 kill luke before he activated.  It was awsome and allowed me to really turn up the supression game on that end of the table.  Oppenent left luke out in the wide open and i had some good dice.