Sign in to follow this  
gtgauvin

Damage: capital ships versus starfighters

I was just listening to an old episode of the Order 66 podcast ( episode 48) and about 45 minutes in, they quoted a rule which seemed to state that if a Silhouette 3 or lower vehicle is hit by a capital ship, then you add 10 to the damage. This was news to me, so I pored over the vehicle section and was unable to locate the sidebar they said enumerated this rule. Am I missing something, or did the hosts perhaps misconstrue a different mechanic. When I stacked the stats of your average cap ship weapon versus fighters, an extra 10 damage just seemed gratuitous.

It is gratuitous.

I haven't stumbled across any such section so I'm assuming the host misquoted their assertion.

It's also clear in the various rule books that if you check out the weapons lists the bigger weapons get slightly better and more effective.  Also the bigger weapons are limited on the size of the ship they can be mounted on.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, gtgauvin said:

I was just listening to an old episode of the Order 66 podcast ( episode 48) and about 45 minutes in, they quoted a rule which seemed to state that if a Silhouette 3 or lower vehicle is hit by a capital ship, then you add 10 to the damage. 

No such thing.

There is a sidebar that allows ships Sil 5 or bigger to count themselves as 1 Sil smaller when shooting certain weapons, making them more useful against Starfighters... Makes the Lancer Frigate a real nasty piece of business when doing the job it was built to do...

2 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

No such thing.

There is a sidebar that allows ships Sil 5 or bigger to count themselves as 1 Sil smaller when shooting certain weapons, making them more useful against Starfighters... Makes the Lancer Frigate a real nasty piece of business when doing the job it was built to do...

This rule only appears in Edge. It was not carried to Age or Force. Make of this what you will.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, HappyDaze said:

This rule only appears in Edge. It was not carried to Age or Force. Make of this what you will. 

Edge didn't include much detail for big warships (for obvious reasons; it's mostly dealing with smugglers and criminals who's response to anything frigate sized or bigger should not be "what are it's stats?" so much as "why are we not at lightspeed yet?")

The 'count as 1 sil smaller' isn't specifically disallowed in Age of Rebellion but nor is it mentioned at all, and as a separate core rulebook, shouldn't (in theory) apply.

More significantly, Age of Rebellion introduced barrage attacks for capital ships instead.