Sign in to follow this  
Necronsis

Seventh Sister Crew and Actions

I have a question about Seventh Sister crew who ability allows you to put a jam or tracker token on an enemy instead of a stress.  Does this mean that if an opponent did say a red manoeuvre or something and I exchanged it, they could then perform an action since they never actually got a stress?

32 minutes ago, Necronsis said:

I have a question about Seventh Sister crew who ability allows you to put a jam or tracker token on an enemy instead of a stress.  Does this mean that if an opponent did say a red manoeuvre or something and I exchanged it, they could then perform an action since they never actually got a stress?

Yup.

42 minutes ago, Necronsis said:

So then most of the time it's pointless to pick Jam Tokens.

Well, not necessarily.  There's the edge cases of a ship that uses Contraband Cybernetics to ignore the stress limits on actions, where a Jam token would allow you to prevent them from gaining a key focus or evade, or when a ship uses Advanced Sensors to gain a focus token before a red maneuver.  Sometimes, a tokenless ship is more important than a stressed & focused ship.

Most of the time, though, you're right:  Stress is almost always better than Jam.  Now, tractor beam tokens, on the other hand, can be fuuuuuun to exploit... ;)

It also can work well with linked actions.  Consider: Fenn Rau moves, then boosts linked to red focus.  It may be better to deny him the focus.  I know I'd rather Fenn Rau's range 1 shots be unmodified.  Also, if you've got a Reaper like Feroph or Vermiel, you have Darth Vader crew, or have some pilots with Juke talents, all of those prefer a token-less ship.

Yeah, the key to Seventh Sister is the linked actions.  In 1.0 she is almost worthless. Well except for PTL and that Jam tokens stick around at the end of the turn.  But in 2.0 there are a LOT of ways to get focus, calculate, lock and evade tokens from linked actions.  She denies that.  A-wing: I focus, then perform a boost.  Ok, I turn the stress to jam, lost your focus.  HWK: I target lock you, then roll to the left.  I turn that stress to a jam, lose your lock.  etc..  

Then there is Rey crew: at the start of my turn, I pull a focus off Rey and put it on my ship, I then K-turn.  Stress is a jam, lose your focus.   

And last there is Target locks from ships performing a red.  Ship pulls a 4 K and has you all lined up with a missile.. sorry, stress is a jam, no more target lock!

13 hours ago, xbeaker said:

Yeah, the key to Seventh Sister is the linked actions.  In 1.0 she is almost worthless. Well except for PTL and that Jam tokens stick around at the end of the turn.  But in 2.0 there are a LOT of ways to get focus, calculate, lock and evade tokens from linked actions.  She denies that.  A-wing: I focus, then perform a boost.  Ok, I turn the stress to jam, lost your focus.  HWK: I target lock you, then roll to the left.  I turn that stress to a jam, lose your lock.  etc..  

Then there is Rey crew: at the start of my turn, I pull a focus off Rey and put it on my ship, I then K-turn.  Stress is a jam, lose your focus.   

And last there is Target locks from ships performing a red.  Ship pulls a 4 K and has you all lined up with a missile.. sorry, stress is a jam, no more target lock!

Also Han (scum) - perform a red focus at the start of the combat phase.

Seventh sister gives you a choice between permitting the focus and the enemy ship keeping the stress (and keeping your own force token), or spending your force token to get rid of both.

Seventh is best for linked action screwing, not red moves because of this very reason.

Really all shes good for on red moves is if you already moved and they Kturn right behind you and got you in arc. Tractor them in a way where they cant recover with their action (i.e. dont roll them if they got a roll, or roll them into a rock and it denies anyway).

people that want to use linked actions though really, really hate her. Especially on a phat ship like Oicunn where the bubble is hard to avoid.

16 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Seventh is best for linked action screwing, not red moves because of this very reason.

Really all shes good for on red moves is if you already moved and they Kturn right behind you and got you in arc. Tractor them in a way where they cant recover with their action (i.e. dont roll them if they got a roll, or roll them into a rock and it denies anyway).

people that want to use linked actions though really, really hate her. Especially on a phat ship like Oicunn where the bubble is hard to avoid.

She's great if they k turn near a rock...

59 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Someone tractored on an asteroid might be able to roll off it, if the template can be placed without overlapping the obstacle. Check Difficulty step of Execute Maneuver has already been done, so the ship is no longer executing maneuver and only suffers the roll for damage, not skip Perform Action.