NewGandhi

German Masters

On 9/2/2018 at 7:16 AM, LTD said:

[...]

@Darth Veggie - you have six months notice, a country the size of a postage stamp, and a world-class public transportation system (and autobahns!). No excuses! I'll be lucky to get 3 weeks notice, a continent-sized country with the population of one of your states, and I'll wager I have more children then you ... but I'll be at my Nationals!

[...]

I envy you! Not only because of your higher number of children, but also because of the 3 weeks notice. With that one, I could work. 3 weeks in advance I know exactly whether I manage to go to a tournament. 6 months in advance is not possible and the tickets are sold quicker than the in scale miniature of the Deathstar would be! ?

On a different note, congratulations to @Tokra!

Congrats Tokra!

What's to say...the same old story, really, so many of us have experienced over and over. 50 relaxed, friendly, cool and grown-up (I expressly include the impressive 12 year old kid we had) Armada players always make for a fantastic event, in which competition is taken seriously, but other things are more important. Thx to all my opponents.

Thx also to Asmodee Germany and our longstanding TO, all was well done.

Personally, happy to win Swiss (shoutout to RapidReload for list inspiration), then I took a risk in the cut for one round that was punished by dice and by Oli setting up so he could throw them in the first place. In hindsight, playing the long game would have been muuuuch better than going after the opponent Advanced Gunnery ship immediately (and killing it), but who knew an ISD II, an unfavorable crit and some Decimators could wreck a Lib so quickly? ;)

24 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

Congrats Tokra!

What's to say...the same old story, really, so many of us have experienced over and over. 50 relaxed, friendly, cool and grown-up (I expressly include the impressive 12 year old kid we had) Armada players always make for a fantastic event, in which competition is taken seriously, but other things are more important. Thx to all my opponents.

Thx also to Asmodee Germany and our longstanding TO, all was well done.

Personally, happy to win Swiss (shoutout to RapidReload for list inspiration), then I took a risk in the cut for one round that was punished by dice and by Oli setting up so he could throw them in the first place. In hindsight, playing the long game would have been muuuuch better than going after the opponent Advanced Gunnery ship immediately (and killing it), but who knew an ISD II, an unfavorable crit and some Decimators could wreck a Lib so quickly? ;)

Hi Neb. Tried to PM u, but system says I can't.

****, I love your reports and style. Thx AGAIN! Nice new touch in this one. Although Id surely prefer a more Austrian oriented Lordship :D

In my defense, my first Euro was 21st or so, away from 15th by one VP. Ok, I admit being competitive (and I am absolutely not slighted by your remark, no worries), but I make the point to emphasize yours in stating how  good our players are. I always manage to win more than I lose, but thats not even enough for top 40 sometimes, as those guys just dont give any one MOV point for free. And this is, then, making it special to reach the cut two years in a row.

A quick list remark: My CR90s are B, not A, hence my bid is lower, and TRCs are not possible.  I absolutely agree with you on A Wings. They mainly are here for deplyoment delaying by one turn, and only occasionally are worth the points invested.

Obj: Most Wanted, Solar Corona, Hyperspace Assault.

Edited by NebulonB

23 hours ago, NebulonB said:

A quick list remark: My CR90s are B, not A, hence my bid is lower, and TRCs are not possible.  I absolutely agree with you on A Wings. They mainly are here for deplyoment delaying by one turn, and only occasionally are worth the points invested.

I will see that the Bothan responsible for this will receive ISB treatment.

I can only second what NeB-B said. It was my first national, after 2 Store Tournaments before, and I really like both the competetive level and the relaxed atmosphere of the community. It was nice meeting some of the names that I only know from stalking the forums. The organisation by Gobbo and hatman (can't remember his name) was perfect, even some technical difficulties didn't really bother me. Hope to have time to play again next year!

Just a few more statistics from my notes:

48 player but I have only 47 lists (must have missed one of the bye in the first round).

22 Rebels; 25 Imperials.

Admirals:

Rebel Admirals:
7x Ackbar
5x Raddus
4x Dodonna
4x Rieekan
1x Leia
1x Madine

Not played: Sato, Iblis, Cracken, Mothma

Imperial Admirals:
7x Motti
6x Sloane
3x Vader
3x Jerjerod
3x Screed
2x Thrawn
1x Ozzel

Not played: Konstantine, Tage, Tarkin

Really sad to see, that there are just some admirals this bad that no one want to touch them. Tarkin and Tage are, from my observation, really an uncommon sight.

Ship Count:

Good part first. All ships were played.

Rebel Ships:
Transport: 36 (average of 1,5 per player)
Hammerhead: 14
CR90: 11
Yavaris: 8 (yes, all Nebulon-B were Yavaris)

MC75: 8

Mark II: 8 (Germany, the land of the potato ?)
MC80_H: 7
MC80_L: 3
Pelta: 3
MC30: 3 (yes, only 3. I was shocked when I saw this)

Imperial ships:
ISD: 28
Gozanti: 32 (average of 1,28 per player)
GSD: 13 (way more than I was expecting, and not all were Demolisher)
Raider: 10
Arquitens: 8
Quasar: 3
VSD: 3
Interdictor: 1

Squadrons:
I have only checked how many squadron lists were there. Not an exact number. I just checked if they have 100+ points and more than 6 squadrons. This was what i count as squadron lists.
There were 12 Rebel Squadron lists and 14 Imperial Squadron lists.
With 8 Yavaris (who were, most likely, playing squadrons) it leaves 4 squadron lists without a Yavaris as support. At least 2 lists were YT-2400 (or other rogues).
The 6 Sloane lists were all squadron lists as well. This leaves 8 squadron lists with other admirals. At least one of them the Imperial Rogues from Oliver from the final.

Strategic Adviser and activations:

Rebels:
3 ships: 2 lists without a SA
4 ships: 4 lists without a SA; 7 lists with SA
5 ships: 3 lists without a SA; 1 lists with SA
6 ships: 5 lists without a SA

With only large ships can use the SA, and removing the Raddus lists, it leave 13 large ships. If I remember right there have been 1-2 lists with two large ships and Raddus. Lets say 11 large ships left. 8 of these used a SA.

This gives the rebels an average ship number of 4,59 and an average activation number of 4,91.
This is exactly where I was expecting it, when I decided to take a list with 5 activations.

Imperial:
3 ships: 4 lists without a SA; 7 lists with SA
4 ships: 1 list without a SA; 7 lists with SA
5 ships: 1 list without a SA; 2 lists with SA
6 ships: 2 lists without a SA; 1 list with SA

Yes, we had one list with 6 ships and the SA. It means: ISD + 3x Raider + 2x Gozanti. And yes, we had only one Interdictor.
There was only list without an ISD. This means 24 list had at least one ISD. There were 28 so there have been 4 lists that used a double ISD.
24 lists with at least one large ship and only 17 SA. I was expecting more.

This gives the imperials an average ship number of 3,92 and an average activation number of 4,6.
About them same that I was expecting. But was the right call, with the fear that my Sloane list with 4 activations will be in trouble. Funny that there were two lists with only 4 activations in the cut (this was something I was not expecting).

Combined: Average ship number: 4,23; average activation number of 4,74.

What can we see and learn from these numbers (at least for the german meta)?

• The Hammerhead is the new transport. Player are using this ship, the cheapest non flotilla, as transport replacement to buy activations. I am not sure anymore, but if I remember right they were mostly in the MSU lists as swarm.
  • The ISD is the best ship for the imperials. This is mostly because of the Strategic Adviser. There is only one large ship for the Imperials. And for 114-124 you get 2 activations and quite good damage and tank. There is no other way to get 2 ships for this price with equal value. The only drawback is the loss of the officer slot. And this is really hard.
    But after all. 2x ISD with one SA + 2x Gozanti is a really dangerous combination.
  • Yavaris is still a broken title. And even with the relay nerf it is still a really dangerous ship.
  • Imperials have no real medium ship. The Interdictor is to expensive (especially when you want to upgrade him), the VSD either to expensive (honestly, 85 points is really alot) or to close range (not to mention the low speed), the Quasar to special (only a squishy carrier).
  • On the other hand, rebels have only one medium ship. But this one was played more than all medium imperial ships together (with less players).
Edited by Tokra