Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lars16

Just picked this game up...few questions

5 posts in this topic

we played a couple of test games and they seem to drag out  bit (we were playing with the base set)

it seemed like early on the dragons never really moved off the center (win one loss on deal)

even at the end games when one deck started to put its foot down it was hard to get and keep 2 dragons.

 

Is this how the gameis supposed to play?

 

aldo, the card intice holy dragon (might have name wrong) which lets you get a dragon on your side, can that take a dragon from another player? does using that to get the 3rd dragon end the game if you use up all your cards even in the middle of a fight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lars said:

aldo, the card intice holy dragon (might have name wrong) which lets you get a dragon on your side, can that take a dragon from another player?

 

It counts like a one dragon win. So if the enemy is in lead, you take on of his dragons and return it to the middle of the table. If it is a draw or you are in lead you get one dragon from the middle of the table.

 

Lars said:

does using that to get the 3rd dragon end the game if you use up all your cards even in the middle of a fight?

 

Yes and no. You need a 4th dragon to end the game. And yes, if you get that one in the middle of a fight it is instantly over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lars said:

we played a couple of test games and they seem to drag out  bit (we were playing with the base set)

it seemed like early on the dragons never really moved off the center (win one loss on deal)

even at the end games when one deck started to put its foot down it was hard to get and keep 2 dragons.

 

Is this how the gameis supposed to play?

 

aldo, the card intice holy dragon (might have name wrong) which lets you get a dragon on your side, can that take a dragon from another player? does using that to get the 3rd dragon end the game if you use up all your cards even in the middle of a fight?

 

It's not uncommon for a game to end with someone going through their deck (in which case whoever has dragons wins).  However, even in this case, it shouldn't take all that long, as the decks aren't huge.  

 

The game ending with someone going through their deck is sort of the "standard end."  I think of winning by attracting a fourth dragon as the "mercy win," just sort of ending the game because it would be difficult to come back at that point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quizoid said:

 

 

It's not uncommon for a game to end with someone going through their deck (in which case whoever has dragons wins).  However, even in this case, it shouldn't take all that long, as the decks aren't huge.  

 

 

good to know. I come from a CCG background, so getting through my whole deck scares me happy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you get into deck building with Blue Moon you won't see it happening that often either. At least in my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0