NairoD

Double repair crew in one action

Hi folks

As I didnt play for a while and space between my ears is a blackhole i had to ask a stupid question

I had flotilla with repair crew upgrade with repair token onboard. Does it allow me to use repair crew? And annother question that follow this situation. What if I had repair order at The same time. Does it allow me to remove damage card twice from ship?

Thx for respond. Tommorow I to to tournament afther long breake. 

1) yes the token triggers repair crews

2) no you can't do it twice, because when you use both a dial and a token it still counts as 1 repair command so you can only trigger repair crews once. Also it's against the rules to trigger one command twice I.e. Thrawn cannot give an extra repair dial allowing you to spend 2 repair dials, the rules say no. 

Edited by clontroper5

To be fair, he’s not entirely incorrect... It COULD, theoretically, be used multiple times in an activation, if you had some way of resolving the one command multiple times... the card itself does not have an explicit “once per turn” limit on its ability...

... but as pointed out, inherently, there is no way to resolve one command multiple times, and in fact, that is explicitly not allowed - so that’s how it is limited ?

29 minutes ago, NairoD said:

My buddy said it is possible since BBC may be use mamy Times in one activation. 

repair-crews.pngbomber-command-center.png

The difference has to do with the timing of the effects. Notice that Repair Crews only triggers during the Repair action of the ship it is equipped to. So when the ship equipping it triggers the Repair action with either a token or a dial, then can choose to use this card. There is only one opportunity a round for this to happen, as @Drasnighta pointed out.

BBC however triggers during a friendly bomber's attack. This can happen multiple times in a round, so can be used multiple times in a round.