PhantomFO

2.0 - Who will you hate?

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Iden is just especially not fair if you're banking on expensive ordnance 

It just helps nullify alpha ordnance strikes provided you take her, and she's the target or close to the target. She's good, but situational, and it's a one shot deal. Not like it's regen or anything like that :P

17 hours ago, mad mandolorian said:

Any ship that can spam 4 dice attacks beond range 1 piticularly yt2400s with luke sense and navigater. sure you could out dps it sure you could out swarm it. But if your list relies on Arc dodgers your simply at the whim of red dice and due to the evade Nerf there is NOTHING you can do to stop them from rolling 3 hits and a crit and one shooting you the moment you enter it's range

Do you mean pilot Luke? Gunner Luke doesn't give you a force slot.

23 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

He does grant the ship he's on force tokens which can be used for re-rolls.

Edit: I missed that the one you quoted had stated Luke with sense. :) Sorry.

Edited by Hiemfire

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

He does grant the ship he's on force tokens which can be used for re-rolls.

Edit: I missed that the one you quoted had stated Luke with sense. :) Sorry.

5 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yea I forgot only force pilots got force upgrades, but any way for the outrider to know the oponants manuver is evil

I think it is probably going to be the Reaper pilot that automatically evades if you don't have tokens, is that Vermeil? I don't enjoy the idea of getting jammed turn after turn, and him surviving way longer than he should because of it. Probably a bit irrational though because jam is harder to pull off, but still, I don't likes it!

Second is probably going to be Dash... Never liked him in 1e, and definitely won't care for him in 2e either.

Same thing what I hated from 1.0.  Bloody bomb trajectory! I hate that thing, slinging bombs around was bloody annoying and very effective. Just took loads of gameplay away from me as there was nothing I could do to avoid it. Grr

7 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

I already hate Dash from 1.0.... it seems that it will not change....

also, I think people will litteraly hate the new PS6 Omega Leader, Midnight, from the first Order

I6 will be annoying, sure. If nothing else because it makes getting the target lock to trigger the ability even easier. 

But Midnight's been subtly nerfed from the old OL days. He can't use Juke anymore, because now no one can modify those dice - defender or attacker. The real cause of hatred for OL was not only that you couldn't modify your dice, but that your natural roll was always reduced on top of that. It gave him basically perma-Crack Shot. 

With that little bit of card combo gone, I don't think there's too much to be afraid of from a 2 attack dice, 4 health ship with only one reposition action and no linked actions, even if they are at I6. I'd also expect a relative base cost increase from 1e. I wouldn't be surprised if Midnight clocks in just under Wedge and Fel at around 50 points. 

Another subtle little thing about the bump up to I6, and the loss of VI, is that Midnight will almost always be shooting first. That means that if you want his ability to trigger defensively (i.e to stop someone attacking him modding their dice), he can't spend his target lock during the attack. So you're potentially sacrificing your own mods to stop theirs. This means he's either going to want to take a target lock on a specific enemy early on and just leave it, while he keeps focusing for all his actual attacks, or that he's going to be a bit more reliant on something like co-ordinate support. 

I'd agree on Iden Versio. She's basically exactly a 1-up for howlrunner, which is a big deal since it stops howlrunner being killed by a 4-dice alpha strike before the fight starts. The problem with anything like howlrunner or swarm leader was that it's depressingly easy to kill a single TIE fighter, regardless of what upgrades it carries, but there isn't an option like Draw Their Fire anymore unless you're rebels.

Sloane just looks awesome. She's (acceptably) cheap, and unlike Ree, Tarkin or Palpatine, has no prerequisites beyond a single crew slot, allowing her to take a Reaper or Phantom and she's painful as heck to face a swarm with, because it's not just the stress penalty for kills but anyone trying to pull a red move or linked action who gets punished.

Dash Rendar.....I'm not sure about. On the one hand, lone wolf is less annoying, and I get a range 3 defence bonus from that gun, but with Bistan I'm not sure I like the idea of a 4-dice turret shooting up two targets per turn.

2 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

I6 will be annoying, sure. If nothing else because it makes getting the target lock to trigger the ability even easier. 

But Midnight's been subtly nerfed from the old OL days. He can't use Juke anymore, because now no one can modify those dice - defender or attacker. The real cause of hatred for OL was not only that you couldn't modify your dice, but that your natural roll was always reduced on top of that. It gave him basically perma-Crack Shot. 

With that little bit of card combo gone, I don't think there's too much to be afraid of from a 2 attack dice, 4 health ship with only one reposition action and no linked actions, even if they are at I6. I'd also expect a relative base cost increase from 1e. I wouldn't be surprised if Midnight clocks in just under Wedge and Fel at around 50 points. 

Another subtle little thing about the bump up to I6, and the loss of VI, is that Midnight will almost always be shooting first. That means that if you want his ability to trigger defensively (i.e to stop someone attacking him modding their dice), he can't spend his target lock during the attack. So you're potentially sacrificing your own mods to stop theirs. This means he's either going to want to take a target lock on a specific enemy early on and just leave it, while he keeps focusing for all his actual attacks, or that he's going to be a bit more reliant on something like co-ordinate support. 

Also that Comm Relay is almost certainly gone, so Midnight will probably not be able to stack the evade-focus-lock anyway.

And Midnight really wants passive rerolls at that stage.  Probably Lone Wolf.

55 minutes ago, SOTL said:

What are you basing Comm Relay going on?

Advanced Optics not being Advanced Optics any more, but being Weapons Guidance.

E: also, the general prevalence of Jam, which absolutely killed any thoughts I had of running OL recently.

Edited by thespaceinvader