Sign in to follow this  
Mpori

Rebel Nym

I'd like to see Nym as a Rebel again because he's a cool character, as long as he's vastly different to his 1.0 counterpart. The Dev's have said they are going to minimise cross faction ships though, so there is probably a very low chance of it happening anyway. 

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

So

A.) Ks can do something useful

B) rebs fight swarms/jousters

C) rebs can play something other than blobs 

K-s can get away after bombing like no one else and they still have infinite regen miranda, and Sabine.

Rebs have great jousters themselves, and swarms can be outflown by stuff. Even by X-wings.

I don't see how trajectory simulator would make anything less blob-y

Not every faction can do everything. Maybe rebels had their stuff removed on purpose?

I mean, Imps now have the best bombers, rebels still have more turrets and fire arcs than anyone else.

HWK, Y-Wing, Falcon, Ghost, K-wing, Shuttle 2, Autzituck, Outrider

Compared to the Aggressor, Lambda and Deci on the imps.

Besides, if large bases get a cost reduction (likely), the Falcon and Outrider will be ample counters to swarms. Kiting and moving away, outflying them and using obstacles to beat the swarm players.

Let the punisher be great. Let it be something that they can do best. Is that too much to ask?

the punisher is amazing, having a semi-functional K-wing wouldn't take away from that

Deathrain can bomb, focus, 4k, and still fire barrage

Deathrain can go so many places and get three actions

What would a K-wing with trajectory simulator do? SLAM and not shoot? Fire it's crappy 2-die turret?

1st edition is gone, time to move on

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

the punisher is amazing, having a semi-functional K-wing wouldn't take away from that

What would a K-wing with trajectory simulator do? SLAM and not shoot? Fire it's crappy 2-die turret?

Faction identity. The K has a trick the Punisher doesn't have and vice versa.

Plus, the Punisher cannot protect it's rear when bombing, something the K can do with its turret.

So the Punisher gets trajectory simulator, so it can actually attack when Bombing. The K doesn't have to do that, because it already can.

10 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

A.) Ks can do something useful

K-Wings aren't useless because they don't have Traj Sim.

K-Wings are useless because they don't have a decent means of working as ordnance carriers. 

I actually think it's the Gunboat that's stolen the K-Wing's thunder, because it's the ship that gets to SLAM and still shoot missiles or torps. Without any beneficial pilot abilities like Deathrain's or Redline's and without any appropriate gunner or crew card, the K-Wing is just a worse ordnance carrier than the Y-Wing. 

Deathrain can drop a bomb, focus, move boost into range or arc as needed and target lock to fire fully modded missiles or torps. K-Wing's get to SLAM out of range and reload, then not do anything for the rest of the turn. I don't understand Tuke at all. He's the most expensive pilot, but not the highest Initiative and his ability doesn't help him at all. If you want to run Tuke, you're saying that he will only be using bombs because you're sacrificing mods on any other attack, and without any other tricks I feel like I'd take a Y-Wing for that job every time. Sure, you don't get Sabine and reload is red, but you're paying sixteen points less for the same IN. 

Punishers don't need ordnance so much because of Traj Sim, but they're still much better with them than the K-Wing. 

There's nothing the K-Wing can do that isn't done better by another ship, and they don't have any tools to synergise being able to do a worse version of everything at once. 

Even a ship ability that would let them launch a bomb with the 1 forward template might have made them interesting, thanks to SLAM helping you get of range. 

I'm not entirely sure K-Wings are dead meat, but using them is certainly a tough nut to crack.

• Warden Sqd - Barrage Rockets, Proton Bombs (51)
  • Warden Sqd - Barrage Rockets, Seismic Charges (49)
  • Warden Sqd - Barrage Rockets, Sabine Wren (49)

I'm not sure that's good but it's going to fly very unusually and it can cover a lot of table with its threats.  It's something I need to see in action before I discount it, which is how I felt about the Harpoon Nu Squadron Pilot in 1.0 when it first appeared.

3 minutes ago, SOTL said:

I'm not entirely sure K-Wings are dead meat, but using them is certainly a tough nut to crack.

• Warden Sqd - Barrage Rockets, Seismic Charges (49)
  • Warden Sqd - Barrage Rockets, Sabine Wren (49)

I'm not sure that's good but it's going to fly very unusually and it can cover a lot of table with its threats.  It's something I need to see in action before I discount it, which is how I felt about the Harpoon Nu Squadron Pilot in 1.0 when it first appeared.

Yeah, that's about all I can think to do with them.

The one interesting niche they have is with easy to use ordnance out the front (read: barrage rockets and nothing else), double turret positioned on either side and bombs out the rear while being relatively cheap. 

Gives them a sort of 360 degree coverage without much in the way of action dependency. The only issue I have is that's sort of where it ends. There's no real way to capitalise on it other than maybe Han Gunner. There's no way I can see to really leverage SLAM into something offensive, it's still just a way to get out of trouble or avoid bombs. 

Again, just a little something unique like a ship ability that let them restore another charge on a second card when they Reload could have made this combined arms approach interesting, and increased the benefits of SLAMing away (Adv SLAM plus Reload). Or an ability that lets them take multiple of the same device, torp or missile to represent the modular weapon system and sheer amount of ordnance they're supposed to be able to carry. Double stacking Cluster Missiles could have been fun.  

7 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Some things however can, and possibly will, never be good. 

True, but I think experience in 1.0 suggests those things are relatively rare?  Most ships got their moment in the sun.

8 minutes ago, SOTL said:

True, but I think experience in 1.0 suggests those things are relatively rare?  Most ships got their moment in the sun.

I joined around wave 6 and mainly played Scum. For my faction of choice at least, a significant amount of ships never did. 

12 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Don't forget Red line, who has double mods for days.

Redline indeed has an amazing ability, but he still aint got **** on Deathrain 

Deathrain's got a ridiculously flexible action economy that lets him boost and roll (and lock, optionally) in the same round, or boost + lock + blue + focus, because his "Advanced Sensors" don't skip his action step 

Course you still use redline if you don't care about bombs 

Also, if you can spring for fifth bro on Redline, though...oh man if that just ain't the best thing ever 

Edited by ficklegreendice