Sign in to follow this  
Kieransi

Interesting spoilers from Poe Dameron Comics Annual

Just now, MasterShake2 said:

we're already going to have 4 factions with TIE fighters, do we really need 4 with Z's?

I believe the Painting and Modification subforum has pictures of Z-95 squadrons painted by both of us, so the answer is yes! :) 

(Z-95s are sort of my favorite ship right now)

Also, I'm guessing the different models of Z-95 are actually slightly different ships, and this one's the Clone Wars one with the swept-back wings and different engines

Well at least two of them are new ones. Would love to see the Actis available for the Republic all the way through the Resistance. Not sure how to fit it into the OT canon, but there has got to be a way. Heh, looks like Snap is having a hard time with it. They don't look much like the Resistance's Black Squadron in this issue, but I would play Poe in a smaller Z95 swarm any day.

That would be such a mess. First separate the factions, then give them a lot of cross faction ships, why bother seperating them. I hope they keep the ships faithfull to their ages going forward and don't follow small comic book references most probably wont know. 

5 hours ago, RebelProfundity said:

Well at least two of them are new ones. Would love to see the Actis available for the Republic all the way through the Resistance. Not sure how to fit it into the OT canon, but there has got to be a way. Heh, looks like Snap is having a hard time with it. They don't look much like the Resistance's Black Squadron in this issue, but I would play Poe in a smaller Z95 swarm any day.

Empire, Vader flew one until he got his Tie Advanced. 

5 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I believe the Painting and Modification subforum has pictures of Z-95 squadrons painted by both of us, so the answer is yes! :) 

(Z-95s are sort of my favorite ship right now)

Also, I'm guessing the different models of Z-95 are actually slightly different ships, and this one's the Clone Wars one with the swept-back wings and different engines

Well I think he flew a normal Z-95, or someone flew one in another comic based off Wookiepedia. 

40 minutes ago, stuffedskullcat said:

Undercover mission... nothing as inconspicuous as a squad of Clone-war-era tech.?

Back in my day (Heir to the Empire), we hid our T-65s in a Ghtroc freighter shell.

Well due to Battlefront 2 (DICE) Clone Wars ships like the V-Wing and ARC-170 were used by pirates and the like during the ST era. Granted, I'm sure that was a case of them just reusing assets instead of making actual scum fighter craft for the story mode. 

1 hour ago, Nyxen said:

Out of context, this sounds like a simulator run. "If this patch fails..." Given I don't know the context, that's how I'm taking it.

Based on the lore of the Actis, I would take it that the engineers installed some kind of jury-rigging to enable a non-Jedi to fly the thing. 

2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Empire, Vader flew one until he got his Tie Advanced. 

Well I knew Anakin flew one, so that makes sense. After looking it up, Vader even had to have his modified to accommodate that dura-steel lung he had to walk around in. 

So that's Republic, Rebels (Jedi who escaped Order 66 is a good enough explanation for me), Resistance, and an all-black Actis for the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Sounds like a lot of sales for one model with different paints. Lol, the ability to exploit that tactic even more is what makes me 100% totally not seriously sure that FFG will run with this. Look how much mileage the basic TIE design has given them, second only to the good folks at Taco Bell, err Siener Fleet Systems, with their same five ingredients in a whole new arrangement. 

Poe in a Z95 sounds great, might even make him close to affordable. Of course, he would need to have the engineers bolt another accelerator pod to the aft of any ship he chooses to fly. It's just a necessity.

Wonder if actually firing it would rip the old frame apart? Bah, I'm sure the engineers figured all that out. Time for non-stop winning. Just like a tiger defying the laws of gravity.