Sign in to follow this  
AllWingsStandyingBy

Will Scum Have the Lion's Share in 2.0?

9 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

With factions splitting into six Era-Specific Factions + Scum, won't Scum ultimately have the most toys by virtue of being the "catch-all" bin for all the ships and characters that are loosely independent or criminal appearing across all three eras?

Probably. Hopefully what they add will be chosen with care. I don't mind terribly that they span 3 eras, but the devs will need to think a lot harder about the future additions to S&V with so much content available.

I do expect, however, that they CIS is going to start picking up some bounty hunter characters, especially since they ended up working for the CIS so much in the Clone Wars. Jango Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, maybe more did a lot of jobs for the CIS in the show. 

Additionally, if they don't use bounty hunters, they have Grievous, Asajj, and whole bunch of generics. While this would fit the fluff of the CIS, I don't think it will bring many players to the faction if they don't have any special pilots.

What they may do is keep the factions as era’s. Are their many ST scum ships? Can’t think of any. Galactic civil war and slightly before seems to be scum. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if @SOTL is correct and they keep the eras seperate so neutralish ships in st and pt will get a side.

Edited by LordFajubi

1 minute ago, LordFajubi said:

What they may do is keep the factions as era’s. Are their many ST scum ships? Can’t think of any. Galactic civil war and slightly before seems to be scum. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if @SOTL is correct and they keep the eras seperate so neutralish ships in st and pt will get a side.

Quadjumper is the exception.

4 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

quadjumper says what up

3 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

What they may do is keep the factions as era’s. Are their many ST scum ships? Can’t think of any.

The Quadjumper, at the moment.  Plus potentially in time DJ's ship.  With a host of possibilities likely emerging from the Resistance show.  Quite a few Scum ships came from Rebels (Fang, Lancer, Mining Guild TIE). 

That's partly the issue: everytime a source comes out that adds ships to an era, only the Big-2 from that era will get ships PLUS Scum.  So Scum will be the faction that is likely always having a steady drip of ships entering into it, whereas it may be years before we see a new Rebel-Faction ship appear.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

2 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

The Quadjumper, at the moment.  Plus potentially in time DJ's ship.  With a host of possibilities likely emerging from the Resistance show.  Quite a few Scum ships came from Rebels (Fang, Lancer, Mining Guild TIE). 

Only seen the movie once but didn’t he steal that ship? That’s not his ship.

17 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Only seen the movie once but didn’t he steal that ship? That’s not his ship.

Well, it's his ship now, heh.

Of course, maybe it was his ship all along and he took it back?  Not really clear.  Nor is it clear why the First Order would keep their word and would let him leave after having been aboard and cracked their systems and learned of some of their secret tech...  like why not just lock him up and keep his ship?

Banlist...? ?

If Scum gets out of control it would be perfectly possible to say that Scum and Villainy, its logo being that thing on Boba Fett's suit, only contains "Bounty Hunters" (which is really just Star Wars-ese for "mercenary", so still a decently diverse faction), and then just add all the scum versions of all the non-bounty hunters to the banlist. 

Those other Black Sun, Hutt Cartel, etc. pilots and ships could then be reintroduced as a separate faction. Not an ideal solution, but maybe eventually neccesary, since Scum already have far more ships than the other factions, and seem to be getting new releases at a quicker rate than the other factions as well. 

Not necessarily

Scum could technically use literally any ship they got their hands on, but that doesn't mean ffg has to give them everything

I'd actually be surprised if any OT faction got new releases (lando falcon falls in with Saw's + reapers imo)  until the newer factions catch up

Edit: forgot mining guild TIE...oh well 

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

Possibly all of the ships we've seen in the Resistance promos (except those that would reasonably be FO or Resistance instead once the show comes out and it doesn't matter that they appear to be primarily atmospheric craft because TIE Striker).

34 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

I expect to see that heavy tie from Solo sooner rather than later.

I expected to see an influx of X-wing and Y-wing Pilots from Rogue One but they don’t always make what we expect. 

43 minutes ago, Houston8665 said:

I expected to see an influx of X-wing and Y-wing Pilots from Rogue One but they don’t always make what we expect. 

Their willingness to release cardboard only expansions makes this far more likely. 

They can release your scarif pilot pack right after they give me my Maarek Stele expansion pack and my Gunboat Heroes expansion pack. 

47 minutes ago, Houston8665 said:

Yup. Let’s make a mining guild tie that no one wants, or a Rebel tie that doesn’t really have thematic ties to the game - it’s a plot point, not a dogfighting ship for rebel missions. 

But lets not make a Battle of Scarrif twin pack with a Y-Wing and a X-Wing. New pilots, new toys, much more thematic than Saw’s Renegades which probably should have been U-Wing and Z-95. 

But honestly it probably doesn’t matter if Scum has twice as many ships. You still can only bring 2-6 ships. They might have more variety of squads but any faction with 12+ balanced ships will also have a lot of variety. 

What’s important is that they keep things fresh in the meta environment. No more 2-3 years of Jumpmaster dominance. 

The other thing is to not breach faction identity too much with Scum. When they become better at squad synergy (remember mjndlink) than Rebels or efficiency swarms than Empire then they become the faction that does everything and no one plays anything else, or at least no one gets anything else into the cut of a tournament. 

So far 2.0 doesn’t feel like that. My only bitterness about the size of the size of the Scum faction vs the size of the Empire faction was that Empire got shorted about 3 conversions in the conversion kits. But I’ll give them a pass because Scum player have to buy a core with no Scum ships (seriously FFG, why couldn’t you put templates in the kits and sell separate damage decks), and also the Imperial Crew is all new and exciting. 

10 minutes ago, DodgingArcs said:

Yup. Let’s make a mining guild tie that no one wants, or a Rebel tie that doesn’t really have thematic ties to the game - it’s a plot point, not a dogfighting ship for rebel missions. 

But lets not make a Battle of Scarrif twin pack with a Y-Wing and a X-Wing. New pilots, new toys, much more thematic than Saw’s Renegades which probably should have been U-Wing and Z-95. 

So you talked to absolutely everybody and are 100% sure nobody wants a Mining Guild TIE? 

Personally, I m always more excited to get a new ship rather than yet another repaint. 

I see Scum as becoming the "jack of all trades, master of none" faction. I've heard it argued that the faction focus will be on flexibility over efficiency.

Another thing to remember is that Scum will likely never ever get generic (or even low priced unique) force users as many other factions do or will.

54 minutes ago, DodgingArcs said:

But I’ll give them a pass because Scum player have to buy a core with no Scum ships (seriously FFG, why couldn’t you put templates in the kits and sell separate damage decks), and also the Imperial Crew is all new and exciting. 

This.

Scum has also almost no force users. Looks like 1 Pilot (Asajj) and 1 crew (Maul). They could have done BoShek, or more interesting: Generic Gand Findsman as a force user, which would also have lifted the G1A.

And as I have said several times already, if there is a synergi which is unwanted, FFG could disallow that certain combo of Pilot A+upgrade B via the app.

Edit: Ninja'ed :)

Edited by Managarmr