Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nordway

Going from Scenario to Scenario

Recommended Posts

In a Campaign when going from one finished scenario and starting a new, I suppose the investigator keeps his wounds, horrors and traumas. He probably will not have time to heal them.

But then he should also be able to keep the cards in his play area, after all he has paid for them. The card in his hand are probably a bit more elusive, so I suppose he will not keep them.

Do I play this right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When going from one scenario to the next in a campaign, everything is reset. Remove all damage and horror tokens from your investigator card. All cards in play, in your hand and in the discard are returned to your deck. You may then spend experience earned to change the cards in your deck.

Set up the new scenario in the same way that you set up the first: you start with 5 resources and no cards in play, shuffle your deck and draw 5 cards, optional mulligan, etc. If you have physical/mental trauma then add one damage/horror for each point that you have to your investigator card before starting the scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 12:29 PM, Assussanni said:

Set up the new scenario in the same way that you set up the first: you start with 5 resources and no cards in play, shuffle your deck and draw 5 cards, optional mulligan, etc.

Bolding mine. All of your cards that have the Permanent trait do start in play. Examples include the Rogue Asset Streetwise and the Basic Weakness Indebted. Cards with the Permanent trait also do not count toward your deck size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kafitrar said:

Bolding mine. All of your cards that have the Permanent trait do start in play. Examples include the Rogue Asset Streetwise and the Basic Weakness Indebted. Cards with the Permanent trait also do not count toward your deck size.

Question: Given that the Streetwise card requires XP earned in a campaign, if it doesn't count toward your deck size then when you replace a 0 XP card with it can you then add another card to your deck (in the middle of a campaign)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, papy72 said:

Question: Given that the Streetwise card requires XP earned in a campaign, if it doesn't count toward your deck size then when you replace a 0 XP card with it can you then add another card to your deck (in the middle of a campaign)?

No.  It doesn't replace a card.  When you purchase a card, you check to make sure your deck requirements are maintained.  If they are not, then you have to remove a card.  When you buy a Permanent, your requirements have not been violated, so no cards have to be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CSerpent said:

No.  It doesn't replace a card.  When you purchase a card, you check to make sure your deck requirements are maintained.  If they are not, then you have to remove a card.  When you buy a Permanent, your requirements have not been violated, so no cards have to be removed.

Thank you for the clarification.  I'm still real new to this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×