Sign in to follow this  
K13R4N

2e Torani Kulda

Has any rules for Torani Kulda Changed for 2.0?

In 1.0 the ability counted as part of the attack so Captain Jostero ability didn't trigger, has this changed as I noticed it says after you perform a attack (can't remember if it was the same in 1.0)?

Secondly, If the ship in your bullseye has 0 green tokens can they still remove a green token or do they have to take a damage? I know in 1.0 you can remove 0 green tokens but I am hoping this has changed so they would have to take a damage! 

Short version:  Seems like Jostero would trigger... and all can equal zero, but zero never equals one.

Long Version:  Let's look at the wording of the two abilities!

• First Edition:  After you perform an attack, each enemy ship inside your bullseye firing arc at Range 1-3 must choose to suffer 1 damage or remove all of its focus and evade tokens.
  • Second Edition:  After you perform an attack, each enemy ship in your bullseye arc suffers 1 hit damage unless it removes 1 green token.

First off, both of them seem to trigger AFTER you perform an attack, so it doesn't seem like Jostero would be prevented from triggering (the targeted ship/s are no longer defending, once the attack is over).  So, if the damage gets through, Jostero *should* be able to pile on the attacks (as I read the cards).

Secondly, the big difference between first and second edition versions of Torani Kulda is the word "all" versus the number "1."  All has been interpreted to mean, you take everything away (which includes "all zero tokens" if you have none) to prevent the damage.  For second edition, though, you either take one hit, or remove one token... if you have no token to remove, Torani whacks you for one.

22 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

In 1.0 the ability counted as part of the attack so Captain Jostero ability didn't trigger, has this changed as I noticed it says after you perform a attack (can't remember if it was the same in 1.0)?

It wasn't part of the attack. It said "after you perform an attack" in 1.0, that part did not change.

23 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

Secondly, If the ship in your bullseye has 0 green tokens can they still remove a green token or do they have to take a damage?

Nope. In 2.0 it specifies "1 green token" as opposed to "all focus and evade tokens" in 1.0.