drail14me

Extra, extra, extra, extra, EXTRA cards....

GaD46KW.jpgSo, after finally getting everything from the Core Set, Conversion Kits and Expansions unpack, organized and put into binders, here's my stack of extra, extra, extra, extra, extra cards. These are the extra cards left after putting all usable cards into binders. For example, for upgrades, I put four copies of any given upgrade into the binder and the extra upgrades into this pile. Pilots, I put one of each named pilot into binders then put as many generics as I could field in a squad. The rest went into this pile. As you can see, it's almost two Yodas tall! We're back to the 1.0 level of extra cards!

Edited by drail14me

It seems they dropped the ransom from $399/year to $24.99/year but who pays for image hosting when there are several reliable and free services?  The only people I can see using their “service” are those who already have hundreds and hundreds of pics on there and don’t want to bother transferring them all to another service.  Still, I’d probably just leave them all to internet history and start fresh before paying the ransom.  I can’t stand bait and switches and this one was a doozy.

Just now, ClassicalMoser said:

So no 6 crack shots, 6 proton bombs, 5 ion cannon turrets, or 5 barrage rockets? I think you’re missing out...

I have these extra, extra, extra, extra, extra cards handy if needed. I actually had 4 barrage rockets on the table Sunday. Used up almost all the Charge tokens I have!

5 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

So no 6 crack shots, 6 proton bombs, 5 ion cannon turrets, or 5 barrage rockets? I think you’re missing out...

Yeah I think you might want to keep 6 or 7 of lower cost cards for swarms

You can fly 7 Black Squadron Access with cracks hot or predator (196) or 6 with Juke

Black Squadron Ace —

TIE Fighter26

Predator2

Ship Total: 28 

3 hours ago, drail14me said:

GaD46KW.jpgSo, after finally getting everything from the Core Set, Conversion Kits and Expansions unpack, organized and put into binders, here's my stack of extra, extra, extra, extra, extra cards. These are the extra cards left after putting all usable cards into binders. For example, for upgrades, I put four copies of any given upgrade into the binder and the extra upgrades into this pile. Pilots, I put one of each named pilot into binders then put as many generics as I could field in a squad. The rest went into this pile. As you can see, it's almost two Yodas tall! We're back to the 1.0 level of extra cards!

BD602D9D-792A-4DD7-ACC1-BF65BA594E8A_1.j

how many after burners ?

2 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

I really don't get why isn't that a bigger issue. 

I thought about that too, but I guess in theory if you have a decent collection of 1.0 then you'd have more bomb tokens then you'd know what to do with.

If you're a new player, it might be a bit of a scramble, but then again I think you can collect the appropriate pieces in their factions.  The Y comes with Seismics and Protons, it can't use the Cargo Chute and I think it can use the Proximity but it doesn't come with one?

The Millennial Falcon comes with the Cargo Chute token and I think the Firespray comes with a Proximity Mine.

Beyond that, if you were sticking to just one faction, you can probably find the appropriate aftermarket bomb tokens out in the wild for a decent price.

46 minutes ago, cleardave said:

I thought about that too, but I guess in theory if you have a decent collection of 1.0 then you'd have more bomb tokens then you'd know what to do with.

If you're a new player, it might be a bit of a scramble, but then again I think you can collect the appropriate pieces in their factions.  The Y comes with Seismics and Protons, it can't use the Cargo Chute and I think it can use the Proximity but it doesn't come with one?

The Millennial Falcon comes with the Cargo Chute token and I think the Firespray comes with a Proximity Mine.

Beyond that, if you were sticking to just one faction, you can probably find the appropriate aftermarket bomb tokens out in the wild for a decent price.

As an imperial player, I have a distinct lack of bombs. I never owned Slave I, and I never bought the K-wing, Ghost or the Resistance Bomber. I have 2 Punishers and 3 Bombers, and I plan to play bombs.

Now, there is pretty much no way for me to acquire these normally, since the only way now is to buy 1.0 products I never intend to play.

So yeah, the rebels have access to Bombs, but that's it.

I don't care, I will cut out some cardboard in the shape of the tokens. I mostly play casual matches with friends, and I can get by on events without conner nets but it is not what was advertised.

34 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

As an imperial player, I have a distinct lack of bombs. I never owned Slave I, and I never bought the K-wing, Ghost or the Resistance Bomber. I have 2 Punishers and 3 Bombers, and I plan to play bombs.

Now, there is pretty much no way for me to acquire these normally

So you'll not own bombs that you never previously owned. Got it. 

2 hours ago, aswitcher said:

I wrote to ffg a few weeks back about this issue. They said to watch their news page. And they still have two codes without products for this wave. Hopefully.

Now I’m excited! Wonder if we’ll hear before the 13th?

Yep.  Lots of duplicates.  Personally not too worried about it.  I play epic and big scenarios and such.  I appreciate having the extra.  I'm using card boxes instead of binders.  I hate binders due to PTSD from Magic the Gathering. 

I'm also one of the few local guys who have 2.0, so I'm going to make lists with my cards and such for friends so they can play 2.0, as well.

I'm hoping to find some similar folks locally, as I don't have anywhere near enough Imperial stuff to justify a conversion kit, but i do have a couple lists that I like to play....  I'm sure dials will be easy enough to come by, but pilot cards?  

What you have there is a good problem, frankly.  You're going to be everybody's friend!

1 hour ago, RebelProfundity said:

So what all exactly did you buy and unbox? Already ran a list with four barrage rockets huh, yeah not shocked. Guess it was important to you to have that many copies available, even if it ate all your charge tokens. 

I picked up everything at GenCon. Core Set, three conversions and one of each expansion.  Barrage Rockets and Jonus are going to be a thing. My bet is he'll get re-costed soon. I was also running Proton Bombs and Cluster missiles so LOTS of tokens needed.