Sign in to follow this  
K13R4N

Jumpmaster 5000

31 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

They seem very fragile on paper, though I really want Han to be good. Do please elaborate!

I mean it's 13hp that always re-rolls defense dice in a boosting I5/6 large base. The original fat turret, the Rebel Falcon is still very much it's 1.0 incarnation in many ways, but both Lando and Han's pilot abilities got substantially buffed, they're very similarly costed and need very few upgrades.

5 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

Not really, if you add 2 hull upgrades to a K-Wing

Can't double up on the same upgrade on a single ship. Did you mean hull + shield upgrade?

Edit Rules Reference pg17:

SQUAD BUILDING
Each player builds a squad by choosing ships and upgrades whose total
squad point cost does not exceed the total defined by the game mode. The
recommended squad point total for a standard dogfight is 200 points.
A player can build a squad using ship and upgrade cards with some
restrictions:
• Each ship has an upgrade bar which is a list of upgrade icons that limit
the number of upgrades and types of upgrades that the ship can equip.
The X-Wing Squad Builder will enforce these rules. Additionally, a
list of all ships’ upgrade bars is also available at X-Wing.com. 
• Nearly all game modes limit ships to a specific faction to choose from.
All ship cards must be from a single faction. Some upgrade cards have
faction restrictions listed in their restriction field.
• Some upgrade cards have ship-size restrictions. Only ships of the given
size can equip them.
• Some upgrade cards have ship-type restrictions. Only ships of that type
can equip them.
• A squad’s cards are restricted by the rules of limited cards.
• A ship cannot equip more than one copy of an upgrade card with the same
name.

Edited by Hiemfire
Added quote from the relevent section of the Rules Reference

12 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Can't double up on the same upgrade on a single ship. Did you mean hull + shield upgrade?

Edit Rules Reference pg17:

SQUAD BUILDING
Each player builds a squad by choosing ships and upgrades whose total
squad point cost does not exceed the total defined by the game mode. The
recommended squad point total for a standard dogfight is 200 points.
A player can build a squad using ship and upgrade cards with some
restrictions:
• Each ship has an upgrade bar which is a list of upgrade icons that limit
the number of upgrades and types of upgrades that the ship can equip.
The X-Wing Squad Builder will enforce these rules. Additionally, a
list of all ships’ upgrade bars is also available at X-Wing.com. 
• Nearly all game modes limit ships to a specific faction to choose from.
All ship cards must be from a single faction. Some upgrade cards have
faction restrictions listed in their restriction field.
• Some upgrade cards have ship-size restrictions. Only ships of the given
size can equip them.
• Some upgrade cards have ship-type restrictions. Only ships of that type
can equip them.
• A squad’s cards are restricted by the rules of limited cards.
• A ship cannot equip more than one copy of an upgrade card with the same
name.

I was using it as a reference point I.e. If you could buy a K-Wing with double hull upgrades and it had the same attack, hp, and cost despite the generic mods being somewhat inefficient then it demonstrates that the Scum Falcon is not far enough above curve to be meaningful unless we're saying the K-Wing is also above curve.

1 minute ago, MasterShake2 said:

I was using it as a reference point I.e. If you could buy a K-Wing with double hull upgrades and it had the same attack, hp, and cost despite the generic mods being somewhat inefficient then it demonstrates that the Scum Falcon is not far enough above curve to be meaningful unless we're saying the K-Wing is also above curve.

Thank you for clarifying. :)

20 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

There's a lot of advantages in the large base - speed and area covered by the arc.  A red Boost is a lot better than SLAM.

Edited by SOTL

3 minutes ago, SOTL said:

There's a lot of advantages in the large base - speed and area covered by the arc.  A red Boost is a lot better than SLAM.

I wouldn't say a lot, but boost is definitely one of them.  That being said, hull/shield upgrades have always been less efficient than simply having more hull and shields printed on your card, so the K-Wing is wasting points to meet the falcon and still comes up very close. 

2 minutes ago, SOTL said:

There's a lot of advantages in the large base - speed and area covered by the arc.

This plus the fact the K wing can have a 4 dice R1 attack (5 if you have trickshot but who runs the on a K wing)  and Lando can have 6+ (R1+Trickshot+Title+Pilot Ability) this plus the double crew which potentially allows for full mods.(Lando+ perspective Copilot) 

The K wing illustration is like comparing a Lion to a Cat saying they are both cats!

2 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

This plus the fact the K wing can have a 4 dice R1 attack (5 if you have trickshot but who runs the on a K wing)  and Lando can have 6+ (R1+Trickshot+Title+Pilot Ability) this plus the double crew which potentially allows for full mods.(Lando+ perspective Copilot) 

The K wing illustration is like comparing a Lion to a Cat saying they are both cats!

I mean, I'm looking at the base chasis to see if one is just blowing the other out of the water and the answer is clear no, but then you compare a 48pt ship with no upgrades that only has to get within range 1 rolling 4 dice to a 61pt ship with 2 upgrades having to fire range 1 at a stressed ship that's also obstructed.  I'd very much say you're the one calling both of them cats at this point.

13 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

I mean, I'm looking at the base chasis to see if one is just blowing the other out of the water and the answer is clear no, but then you compare a 48pt ship with no upgrades that only has to get within range 1 rolling 4 dice to a 61pt ship with 2 upgrades having to fire range 1 at a stressed ship that's also obstructed.  I'd very much say you're the one calling both of them cats at this point.

You conveniently forget that the K-Wing in question has to strip itself of a shield to fire that 4 dice shot. Is also I4, not I6, has no talent slot, no big base boost (even though its red on the falcon). K-Wing and Scum Falcon is apples and oranges, really, the only thing they have in common is a 2-dice turret primary and 1 agility die.