Animewarsdude

Mel's Miniatures Wishlist

15 minutes ago, Jokubas said:

I discovered the Dunelizard is one of two ships I flew in Star Wars Galaxies that haven't shown up in X-Wing yet. I'd definitely go for it.

The other is the Lady Luck, which I'm really tempted to get. The model here looks so great, and I don't know if we'll ever see it officially since it's been passed up this long.

As for what other ships to suggest, I'm not sure. Perhaps the Raven's Claw? I don't know if I'd buy it, but it's one I don't expect to see officially added to X-Wing in the new canon era.

When the Strange Eons X-Wing plugin gets updated I'm planning on picking up a few Dunelizards (budget permitting) and running them in friendly games along side my Scyks. I'm thinking Scyk style Special Slot, Crew Slot, Illicit Slot (has more space to work with than the Scyk), and Mod Slot. A 0 pt Configuration Upgrade that removes the Crew Slot for an Astromech Slot to fit what they have on Wookiepeedia. I know it didn't have an Astromech in SWG, but this would fit the most recent info. F2 A2 H4 S1 (maybe S2), probably will use a slightly altered Kihraxz dial.

5 hours ago, melminiatures said:

I had forgotten about this!!! Sorry! I took it down because I wanted to change it's size so it would fit the FFG Imperial Gozanti, and I completely forgot about doing it.

Well I'm sure that @RuusMarev will be glad to hear when the civilian gozanti is back up. 

7 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

@melminiatures found these from the ILM challenge, they might be a good low priority project for X-Wing, or even something you could throw out as something for a poll on twitter.

roberto-robert-silver-squad-incoming-d-wing.jpg?147337647303e72e4483e32bcb5f2548a3dbaf589f.jpgdfa8a409fd1efd0304351f2a9fb0e81f.jpg0f58b3179b16b896eaa41b2b63464545.jpg

Looks like someone with ILM or for the ILM competition reworked the B-Wing. It looks nice. The heavy weapon positions also fit the anti-capital ship role as well since they don't look to be able to be adjusted to be able to hit anything smaller than a corvette with any reliability (no room for either automatic or manually adjusted gimbals in the mounts), and it has the cockpit mounted auto-blasters for that.

55 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Looks like someone with ILM or for the ILM competition reworked the B-Wing. It looks nice. The heavy weapon positions also fit the anti-capital ship role as well since they don't look to be able to be adjusted to be able to hit anything smaller than a corvette with any reliability (no room for either automatic or manually adjusted gimbals in the mounts), and it has the cockpit mounted auto-blasters for that.

When I found it I think it was called a 'D-Wing'. I think the ship looks really great, it has clear ties to an older design but is still different and looks more notably different than the T-70 does from the T-65. And yea, I think the armament looks like it is focused on going after larger ships, though with the ARC-170 being treated as a fighter I could see a case for these being able to fight against smaller craft too with their laser cannons converging forward like most Incom designs. 

Interesting... I know there was a really rare (I think one-of-a-kind?) ship called the D-Wing in the old canon somewhere. I also know a guy in an Adult Fan of LEGO group who made a similar-looking ship with a few B-Wing kits once. Can't find a link to that though. 

Really cool design, I like it a lot. 

10 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Interesting... I know there was a really rare (I think one-of-a-kind?) ship called the D-Wing in the old canon somewhere. I also know a guy in an Adult Fan of LEGO group who made a similar-looking ship with a few B-Wing kits once. Can't find a link to that though. 

Really cool design, I like it a lot. 

Found it.

500?cb=20061124210110

It was only mentioned in an old roleplaying magazine by a WEG article. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-Wing_Space_Superiority_Fighter

Between the two I definitely like the ILM Challenge D-Wing more.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:06 AM, Animewarsdude said:

@melminiatures Another fan made design, this time being a ST era Y-Wing. If you ever feel like making this one he has plenty of reference work in the video.

This is actually the best suggestion as there is actually a 3D model.

However, I don't know how ECHenry would handle that. Since Mel would be making a profit.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

This is actually the best suggestion as there is actually a 3D model.

However, I don't know how ECHenry would handle that. Since Mel would be making a profit.

That would be up to Mel, I know Mel made a Fractalsponge version of the Heavy Dreadnought alongside the original and Rebels variants so it could happen. 

On 10/16/2018 at 8:24 PM, Animewarsdude said:

I know, thats why I checked. The civilian one isn't there, he might of thought it was too close to the FFG C-ROC or Gozanti so took it down. Unless it isn't listed with the 1/270 stuff for some reason. 

No, you’re wrong, there is a civilian version of the gozanti who,s not the C-ROC, it appeared on SW EP I, when Quigon and the rest of the characters arrived to Tatooine, is the one on the left of the imperial version (indeed the imperial version is a retrofited design  from this one who belongs to the republic era...) and yes, is available at Mel’s miniatures, at least as I know (indeed this civil one is slightly smaller then the imperial one...)

4 minutes ago, Decan Mabu said:

No, you’re wrong, there is a civilian version of the gozanti who,s not the C-ROC, it appeared on SW EP I, when Quigon and the rest of the characters arrived to Tatooine, is the one on the left of the imperial version (indeed the imperial version is a retrofited design  from this one who belongs to the republic era...) and yes, is available at Mel’s miniatures, at least as I know (indeed this civil one is slightly smaller then the imperial one...)

Mel has the civilian Gozanti for Armada, 1/7000, and his MMch scale. He doesn't have an X-Wing scale one.

Edited by Hiemfire

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Mel has the civilian Gozanti for Armada and his MMch scale. He doesn't have an X-Wing scale one.

I saw (in the past, about one or two years ago) pictures of this 3D gozanti painted and finished just before FFG had launched the imperial version, I think I’ve got some of then in my pinterest account... ...and I mean on Xwing scale.

https://pin.it/7sjq4mpmxls2e7

https://pin.it/k6tplmbxyx4625

here are the links, in one of them also appears the logo of Mel miniatures...

1 minute ago, Decan Mabu said:

I saw (in the past, about one or two years ago) pictures of this 3D gozanti painted and finished just before FFG had launched the imperial version, I think I’ve got some of then in my pinterest account... ...and I mean on Xwing scale.

https://pin.it/7sjq4mpmxls2e7

https://pin.it/k6tplmbxyx4625

here are the links, in one of them also appears the logo of Mel miniatures...

It is not listed in his store.

1 minute ago, Decan Mabu said:

Seems to be from “Cosmos” and not directly from “Mel’s”  but both of them are in shapeways page.

anyway there’s also the possibility of obtaining the scratch built version...

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Cosmo Models and Parts and it is the Imperial Assault Carrier variant. Mel isn't selling X-Wing scale (1/270) Civilian Gozantis.

yes sorry you’re right is the imperial one, but is strange as they truly have it in the past (I mean Mel Miniatures) at least as I had seen.