Dark Don

Moroff the better...

Most definitely!  My hope had been that rather than releasing the somewhat lame (in my opinion) racially segregated wookie warrior unit, that they would have released a rebel heavy unit with a wookie, a gigoran, an aqualish or talz and an ithorian.  I think it would have made so much more sense for the rebels.

9 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Most definitely!  My hope had been that rather than releasing the somewhat lame (in my opinion) racially segregated wookie warrior unit, that they would have released a rebel heavy unit with a wookie, a gigoran, an aqualish or talz and an ithorian.  I think it would have made so much more sense for the rebels.

That would be amazing. I'd really like to see more aliens. Commandos have a decent ratio, but man, I would love to see the variety that makes Star Wars such a colourful universe.

12 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Thank you. I knew I was not alone in wanting a mix of species as opposed to a re-hash of the Imperial Assault figure pack.

In another thread I was put down for suggesting the same thing. I also made the mistake of voicing my opinion that they seemed better released in the Clone Wars era along side Yoda. 

3 hours ago, ninjaDance said:

That would be amazing. I'd really like to see more aliens. Commandos have a decent ratio, but man, I would love to see the variety that makes Star Wars such a colourful universe.

I agree. An expansion with an Alien Commander and a mix of species would be awesome. I myself am customizing a full Mon Calamari squad and a Bith Commander with a mixed species squad.

I was really happy when I saw that they were including Duros in the rebel trooper packs.  They were my favorite cantina aliens when I was younger.  I just wish they would have kept with the ragtag aesthetic of the rebellion.  Hopefully we will get some more aliens in the future.  

23 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I was really happy when I saw that they were including Duros in the rebel trooper packs.  They were my favorite cantina aliens when I was younger.  I just wish they would have kept with the ragtag aesthetic of the rebellion.  Hopefully we will get some more aliens in the future.  

The commandos added two more alien figures to the line.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:35 PM, Matroskin said:

Why settle for just a Gigorian, when you can have a Nautolan as well?

pHoNbGJ.jpg

dude how did you make your Moroff?

On 4/4/2019 at 11:23 PM, ajax228 said:

dude how did you make your Moroff?

I started with the Z-6 Trooper base. I think I clipped off part of the feet, and added some wire/pins to extend the feet. I used wire to build a frame for the head, as well as extending the arms (I think I clipped those just below the elbows). From there, a lot of green stuff. And some plasticard. And patience. Seriously about that-- I’ve learned (the hard way) to do a small bit, let it harden, then add the next layer. Otherwise I tend to squash a sculpted part with a finger or something. Used a small electrical wire (I think) for the power cable running from the backpack to the gun.

Also did a bit of photo research. Having as many images as I can find helps with these sort of creations.

It was fun to make, and fun to get him on the table. Although, it really is a case of “modeling for disadvantage”. There have been games where the entire unit is hidden behind cover... except for is head poking out.