Piratical Moustache

What Ship Do You Want Most Of All?

This is not a speculation thread for future Waves, I just want to hear about your dream ship. It can be from Canon or Legends, and it doesn't matter if there isn't really an open niche for your ship. The only real guideline is that it's a Rebel or Imperial ship. The Clone Wars will likely come to Armada down the line, but let's keep focus on the current factions for this thread.

I want the Secutor-class Star Destroyer, I love the design and I have been wanting another large ship for the Imperials for a while now. I know it's a super-carrier that would be in a cramped slot competing with ISD 1s and Quasar Fires, but I know FFG could find a way to field it without screwing up the current game balance.

latest?cb=20151105031710

For the Rebels I'd like the Dauntless-class heavy cruiser (Canonized as the Marsheem-class) to breakup the Mon Cal monopoly on large Rebel ships.

latest?cb=20090910043451

Now feel free to post a desired ship for one or both factions, and include pictures if you can.

45 minutes ago, idiewell said:

How about a Rebel Medium combat ship with double Ion Cannon Upgrades?

Mc40 is a carrier, it's a light cruiser in the rebellion with 1-2 squads of fighters. You could use it as a proxy for the assault frigate, since it kinda shares the same niche. Still, something like being a rebel quasar to the assault frigates' vsd sounds good to me.

MC80 and MC80L retrofits. 

An MC80 with Fleet Command, maybe side arc die similar to an ISD-1 or double officer slots? 

MC80L fit that can make Liberty title good. All it really needs is ORetro and a 4/3/3/2 shield loadout. Drop the 2nd Turbolaser and give it blue/black AA. 

A new MC80 title could be: "If you activated a fleet command during the ship phase, one ship or squadron this round may double the commands effect"  or....."if you activated a fleet command you may gain one command token of your choice"  5pts

MC80L: "If you exhaust an officer on this ship, add one die of your choice to your next attack. If you discard an officer, add two die of your choice to your next attack." 8pts

18 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Mc40 is a carrier, it's a light cruiser in the rebellion with 1-2 squads of fighters. You could use it as a proxy for the assault frigate, since it kinda shares the same niche. Still, something like being a rebel quasar to the assault frigates' vsd sounds good to me.

I have an MC40 from Mels, and that's how I often field it, as an RAF-B carrier role

I'd honestly like to see more versions of the ships we already have.  The way that the Chimera expansion gave new options for the ISD, I'd like to see that treatment for other ships.  Could add cross faction this way for the Neb-B and Dreadnaught (I'm 100% convinced it's going to come now that it's canon from Rebels and shown as pirate in new canon comics)

Edited by Salted Diamond

25 minutes ago, Salted Diamond said:

I have an MC40 from Mels, and that's how I often field it, as an RAF-B carrier role

I'd honestly like to see more versions of the ships we already have.  The way that the Chimera expansion gave new options for the ISD, I'd like to see that treatment for other ships.  Could add cross faction this way for the Neb-B and Dreadnaught (I'm 100% convinced it's going to come now that it's canon from Rebels and shown as pirate in new canon comics)

I always thought the Nebulon-B might be happier in the Imperial roster. Commanders like Vader seem tailor made for Neb-Bs.

What ship do you want most of all?
What is the best upgrade?
What is the worst upgrade?
Who is Armada for?
Is Tagge secretly better than Motti?
Future Commander/Ideas speculation.
List of canon ships for Armada
My take on the Venator

All these question,review and speculation threads you are starting, one can only think you are secretly a FFG designer collecting community data for a project! 

Armada Clone Wars? ?

Edited by Irokenics

21 minutes ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I always thought the Nebulon-B might be happier in the Imperial roster. Commanders like Vader seem tailor made for Neb-Bs.

In one of the new canon books (someone else please remind me which) an Imp commander comment something to the effect of "Can we for once not destroy a ship that we built" in reference to the Neb-B.

Edited by Salted Diamond