Parakitor

Pushing the Envelope: 2.0 Imperial Squadron sample article

19 hours ago, dadocollin said:

I believe those are all the original colors at least and I think models.  (They do look a little sharper in the image.)  It may be that we're not used to seeing three different imperial "blue" models together.  Many of the other imperial models were imperial "grey" like the original ties, advanced, gunboat, etc.  (With the alternate "blue" versions of the tie and advanced with the two imperial epic ships.)

I'll echo what everyone is saying about this being an interesting list.  I think this is the first article I've read that got me really excited about playing 2.0!

Everything is its original color, and I must say that it oddly looks really good in stock imperial blue. To the extent that it almost makes me sad for repainting my phantom, striker, and defenders.

22 hours ago, drail14me said:

Looks like a fun list. 

Question about Whisper. She decloaks and takes the evade. Does she then get to take another action after activating and moving?

22 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Yes, assuming she doesn’t bump something of course 

22 hours ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

Yeah, she gets a free Evade on Decloak, then moves, performs action.

I initially misread the first quoted post as specifically asking if you could perform another evade action. It wasn't, so the following paragraph is still true but less relevant now:

You still can't perform the same action more than once in a single round (Rules Reference p3, Actions), and the Stygium Array is giving you the opportunity to perform an evade action, not just assigning you an evade token. If you could take the free evade and then perform a regular evade action during your activation, every Phantom would be able to bank two evade tokens to give themselves recloak insurance.

Edited by digitalbusker
oops

3 hours ago, digitalbusker said:

I initially misread the first quoted post as specifically asking if you could perform another evade action. It wasn't, so the following paragraph is still true but less relevant now:

You still can't perform the same action more than once in a single round (Rules Reference p3, Actions), and the Stygium Array is giving you the opportunity to perform an evade action, not just assigning you an evade token. If you could take the free evade and then perform a regular evade action during your activation, every Phantom would be able to bank two evade tokens to give themselves recloak insurance.

Here's what I'm wondering:

Whisper decloaks and takes the evade action. She then activates, completes a maneuver and takes a focus action. She then attacks and rolls natties which result in the attack hitting. She then, because of her ability, gains another evade token. So now, she's decloaked, has two evade tokens and a focus but rolling two die on defense through the round because she doesn't have advanced cloaking anymore. If, after all shooting, she still has an evade at the end of the round, she can spend it to cloak. Right?

8 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Here's what I'm wondering:

Whisper decloaks and takes the evade action. She then activates, completes a maneuver and takes a focus action. She then attacks and rolls natties which result in the attack hitting. She then, because of her ability, gains another evade token. So now, she's decloaked, has two evade tokens and a focus but rolling two die on defense through the round because she doesn't have advanced cloaking anymore. If, after all shooting, she still has an evade at the end of the round, she can spend it to cloak. Right?

Correct

10 minutes ago, MrMaggles said:

Correct

Seeing that she can't cloak after attacking, the best way to fly her is to stay cloaked and only decloak if it looks like you'll get a shot without taking a shot. She's not gonna last long if she's decloaked and in any arcs.

6 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Seeing that she can't cloak after attacking, the best way to fly her is to stay cloaked and only decloak if it looks like you'll get a shot without taking a shot. She's not gonna last long if she's decloaked and in any arcs.

One arc at a time, a couple times, probably won't kill her. Still, as always, safer to get shot at as few times as possible.

5 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Just wait until (hopefully) they make the 2.0 defender model the Elite. Even pointier!

YES!  Looking forward to it.  I have a strong suspicion they'll be coming out with 2.0 Defenders, B-wings and M3As all at once to introduce new cannons.  I already own two Defenders, but I'll happily add an Elite to my collection.

Can we talk about how sweet the combo of Vader and Juke is?

Do you have a green token? If not, too bad, you get a damage. If so, well now you don't anymore.

Oh, and now that you don't have it, let me just cancel the only evade you rolled. There you go.

so want to try this on Vermeil. Jam + Evade actions + Vader + his ability + Juke. Ouch. Add ISB slicer for maximum effect.

Edit: Taking this idea to its logical conclusion, I came up with this evil squad:

Captain Feroph (47) - 58

Elusive (3)

Death Troopers (6)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Captain Kagi (48) - 77

Advanced Sensors (8)

Jamming Beam (2)

Darth Vader (14)

ISB Slicer (3)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Major Vermeil (49) - 61

Juke (4)

ISB Slicer (3)

0-0-0 (3)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Total: 196

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!184:119,27,-1,106:-1:-1:;165:111,12,26,38,106,-1:-1:-1:;183:123,38,63,106:-1:-1:&sn=No%20Mods%20for%20You!&obs=

Edited by ClassicalMoser

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Do you have a green token? If not, too bad, you get a damage. If so, well now you don't anymore.

Oh, and now that you don't have it, let me just cancel the only evade you rolled. There you go.

so want to try this on Vermeil. Jam + Evade actions + Vader + his ability + Juke. Ouch. Add ISB slicer for maximum effect.

Edit: Taking this idea to its logical conclusion, I came up with this evil squad:

Captain Feroph (47) - 58

Elusive (3)

Death Troopers (6)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Captain Kagi (48) - 77

Advanced Sensors (8)

Jamming Beam (2)

Darth Vader (14)

ISB Slicer (3)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Major Vermeil (49) - 61

Juke (4)

ISB Slicer (3)

0-0-0 (3)

Electronic Baffle (2)

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!184:119,27,-1,106:-1:-1:;165:111,12,26,38,106,-1:-1:-1:;183:123,38,63,106:-1:-1:&sn=No%20Mods%20for%20You!&obs=

tumblr_inline_otyzcp6sFh1urufhs_540.gif

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Captain Feroph (47) - 58

Elusive (3)

Death Troopers (6)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Captain Kagi (48) - 77

Advanced Sensors (8)

Jamming Beam (2)

Darth Vader (14)

ISB Slicer (3)

Electronic Baffle (2)

Major Vermeil (49) - 61

Juke (4)

ISB Slicer (3)

0-0-0 (3)

Electronic Baffle (2)

You could do tractor beam on the lambda, and bring debris clouds for extra stress and potential damage. 

1 minute ago, Commander Kaine said:

You could do tractor beam on the lambda, and bring debris clouds for extra stress and potential damage. 

But with not one but two ISB slicers, the token denial of jamming beam is just too good to pass up! Which frees the Reapers to evade and focus or whatever. Tractor beam probably would be nice, but I like how superfluously merciless it is.