Sign in to follow this  
Sk3tch

Vader Crew 2e

Does Vader crew do damage against someone with no green token?

At the start of the Engagement Phase, you may choose 1 ship in your firing arc at range 0-2 and spend 1 [force]. If you do, that ship suffers 1 [hit] damage unless it chooses to remove 1 green token.

Only relevant(ish) part of rules reference I saw. 

A ship can pay a cost for an effect only if the effect can be resolved.

I am 90% sure it will do the damage, but wondered what people though or even if there's any question at all? Did I miss something that covers it directly?

I'd say yes, damage. It says specifically "remove 1 green token" which is in contrast to that one Scum guy that said "remove all" without specifying a number.

It's arguably less powerful than his old ability that way so I'd say it's reasonable.

It is way better. You can do one dmg without attacking and without doing yourself 2dmg.

Even if they choose to remove a Green Token, this will translate in a dmg saved or done most of the time. Except if you designate a ship that can't attack and be attack. And then, keep your force token and use it to modify dice during attack.

The new Darth Vader is all over way better then before because you are not literally killing yourself quicker then the opponent.

I never player Vader before, now I want it in all my list lol

Edit: It is a free jam action that can do one dmg if there is nothing to jam

Edited by muribundi

59 minutes ago, muribundi said:

It is way better. You can do one dmg without attacking and without doing yourself 2dmg.

Even if they choose to remove a Green Token, this will translate in a dmg saved or done most of the time. Except if you designate a ship that can't attack and be attack. And then, keep your force token and use it to modify dice during attack.

The new Darth Vader is all over way better then before because you are not literally killing yourself quicker then the opponent.

I never player Vader before, now I want it in all my list lol

Edit: It is a free jam action that can do one dmg if there is nothing to jam

And, if there's nobody to target with Vader, it's 1 force token per turn.  Not too shabby...!