Sign in to follow this  
player717094

Skill bonus when using clue tokens - do they apply to the special skill checks?

Hello,

I have a question about the Skill cards.

I will use the Sneak skill as an example. It states "when you use a Clue token to add to any Sneak check add one extra bonus die".

If I was trying to Evade, fail and use a clue token, does this bonus  apply or do I take it literally and use it only for Basic Skill checks?

Hence these cards only apply the +1 bonus at the top of the card (+1 Sneak) to the relevant Basic skill and hence special skills?

Thanks.

Any enhancement to "basic" skill rolls also applies to special skill rolls. So, a +1 to Fight also applies to Combat checks. And the special text of a skill should be applied in the same way

Julia said:

Any enhancement to "basic" skill rolls also applies to special skill rolls. So, a +1 to Fight also applies to Combat checks. And the special text of a skill should be applied in the same way

Juolia is correct. In some of the later expansions there are cards which specifically apply only to the basic skill or the special skill, but they state that specifically on the item card itself.