Sign in to follow this  
Hida Katsu

Winter Court

I am not sure who would even be the person to go to at FFG. I would very much like to help out on something like this. If anyone knows who at FFG we need to talk to to get something like this done, let me know or pass my name on to them and lets do this thing! :-)

Trevor L.

16 hours ago, BlindSamurai13 said:

Following and reading through most of the events/threads at Winter Court 4 was amazing. It is unknown if FFG will have that level of mass interactivity. 

Well, the good news (from the In The Palace Of The Emerald Champion adventure) is that FFG clearly plan to let the RPG also deliver plot-critical chunks of storyline as well as the LCG.

Whether they'll let players actually make story decisions is a different question, but it would be very nice. Whether as a LARP Winter Court, or else story decisions made by a collective of groups playing a given game at events, it would be nice for RPG players to have a story impact too.

After all, following the Topaz Championship, In The Palace Of The Emerald Champion, and A Ronin's Path, there is a group of PC Emerald Magistrates wandering around to poke things which are narratively significant.

As far as I am aware, and I could be wrong, FFG has hired a company to run L5R for them at cons for the next year or so. If true, that could mean some plot impacting events, however most likely they would be running  some one shot adventures.

Also heard that FFG told the people running the current living campaign they have about a year or so to switch over to the new system (once the current campaign wraps).  There is no guarantee the living campaign will continue in the new system or that FFG will work with campaign organizers to ensure events impact the metaplot if it does.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, llamaman88 said:

I heard the gencon wedding event will impact the story in some way, based on results of a few groups playing it.

Well, the conflict over Toshi Ranbo has been resolved (ish) which was the major background event, but depending on what version of reality feeds through from Wedding At, peoples awareness of the extent to which the scorpion were poking things might change, given that they were awarded control by imperial decree to stop the lawlessness that they were in no small part responsible for.