Slugrage

v2 Dial Storage Ideas?

I wanted to keep using my Plano boxes so I can store ship, token and dial together. So, I’ve ordered Curled Paw Creatives original dial cover. It’s the same size as the 1.0 dial cover so now everything will fit back in my Plano box. 

9 minutes ago, drail14me said:

I wanted to keep using my Plano boxes so I can store ship, token and dial together. So, I’ve ordered Curled Paw Creatives original dial cover. It’s the same size as the 1.0 dial cover so now everything will fit back in my Plano box. 

I have different Plano cases and the new ones fit in some.  Still, I like making more room in the trays for ships.

18 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I have different Plano cases and the new ones fit in some.  Still, I like making more room in the trays for ships.

I’ll post before and after shots when my order comes in from Curled Paw. I’m curious how much room I’ll save. 

So apparently American Challenge Coins are the same size as v2 dials. There's a few companies that offer boxes with inserts (since I like keeping them sorted neatly), and it'd be easy for me to haul out everything when I'm running the demos at the FLGS or game cons. But that's still over 120 v2 dials right now...

1 hour ago, Slugrage said:

So apparently American Challenge Coins are the same size as v2 dials. There's a few companies that offer boxes with inserts (since I like keeping them sorted neatly), and it'd be easy for me to haul out everything when I'm running the demos at the FLGS or game cons. But that's still over 120 v2 dials right now...

Should be any 2"x 2" coin boxes.  I ordered some generic ones.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, TreebeardTheEnt said:

I use the Ultra Pro 52301 3-Ring Storage Page with Flaps for Embellishments and Accessories. The pockets are 2”x2” so they still fit the new dials. They are $7 on Amazon for a 10 pack with 20 pockets per page.

I use these for both my maneuver dials and for my small-base cardboard.  Love them.

2 hours ago, EAuyang said:

I use these for both my maneuver dials and for my small-base cardboard.  Love them.

I use the 30 Pocket Coin Holder Pages by Lead Dog for the small bases. I have not found anything for the medium or large that I like.

Edited by TreebeardTheEnt

On 8/27/2018 at 7:23 AM, heychadwick said:

These are awesome!  

Any idea how many fit in per inch? I'm just trying to figure out how many and what size.

3-4 per inch depending on how tight you pack them.  4 would be pretty tight

9 minutes ago, lyerelian said:

3-4 per inch depending on how tight you pack them.  4 would be pretty tight

I ordered them on Monday.  They showed up tonight.   I love 'em!   Thanks so much for sharing.  I've been pushing the idea elsewhere, but I try to give credit to you.  

On 8/27/2018 at 11:33 PM, DarthHenryAllen said:

Personally, I'm still clinging to original box storage as much as possible. I know most people probably prefer plano/foam for their ships but the original box is still a really nice size for dials and tokens. You can fold construction paper to make channels, 2" for 2.0 dials, 1.5" for small tokens. Here's my Rebel box in progress with the dial channel updated to fit 2.0.  

IMG_8519_reduced.thumb.jpg.206b28fc141b6f35499b70120473c288.jpg

Is your HWK-290 repainted? A closer shot would be interesting. 

11 hours ago, Trevor Goodchild said:

Is your HWK-290 repainted? A closer shot would be interesting. 

A closer shot of the HWK would be a disappointment I'm afraid :PI've got nothing custom painted in there, must just be a trick of the lighting/view angle.

19 hours ago, EAuyang said:

Pic of the Ultra Pro page - 2.0 maneuver dial, Small base cardboard

What do they call that size pocket? I might just use my 1.0 upgrade card pages for similar effect, assuming they fit. I don’t have anything else to put in them!

On 8/29/2018 at 7:40 PM, heychadwick said:

I ordered them on Monday.  They showed up tonight.   I love 'em!   Thanks so much for sharing.  I've been pushing the idea elsewhere, but I try to give credit to you.  

Glad you are spreading the word about these.  So far they are a really good solution.

On 8/31/2018 at 3:29 PM, SpiderMana said:

What do they call that size pocket? I might just use my 1.0 upgrade card pages for similar effect, assuming they fit. I don’t have anything else to put in them!

Ultra Pro 52301 3-hole storage flaps with flaps.  Look for "Ultra Pro 52301" on Amazon.com

On 9/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, heychadwick said:

My only problem is that these and how I store my pilot/upgrade cards just quite doesn't fit in the top of my Plano.

@heychadwick  What kind of Plano are you using? Ive been using the 732 and 3 of the single column coin storage boxes fit perfectly into the side compartments. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=plano+732&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=229171894237&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=108913684771377297&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9014970&hvtargid=kwd-336924478924&ref=pd_sl_4opaq6w6c4_e_p38

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2623Q4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

@heychadwick  What kind of Plano are you using? Ive been using the 732 and 3 of the single column coin storage boxes fit perfectly into the side compartments. 

I use the Plano 1374.  It's got 4 full sized trays and a pretty decent setup on top.  It's just not quite big enough for everything that I want.

I use three tool parts organizers. One for each faction. I carry all three in a small carry on bag every game night. If new players come/if we just do a pick up game/need extra ships for HOTAC/ I have ships. 

I line the compartments with laminate floor underlay foam. (I had to buy a sh**load even though doing a small flooring job so I have a lot of extra foam)

Tried the dials from saws revenge and with angling a slight bit, they can still sit above the ship. Helps tell what ship is where when foam covers the ship top.

18 compartments plus the front edge to store bombs/extra dials/bases...

Sort of looks like this:

tool organizer.png

I have been using HDX boxes from Home Depot they come in pairs for 9.99 or 1499 the trays are adjustable and I use them to hold everything from tokens, dials, small/medbases and damage decks. they lock close and also together currently use two for all my v1 and have 2 for the upcoming v2.