Marshallmanna

Thrawn and Deathtroopers

8 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

It'still clearly not as bad as general Weiss, or should I say Gimli!!! (Someone could argue it'still the AT-ST size that is off ...)

Yes, the 2x3 figures are known to not be in scale. You can see that from the driver of the SC2-M Repulsor Tank as well as from the Bantha's rider.

Edited by a1bert

13 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Yes, the bases are larger too. 

Wow. The difference is really small though, small enough to not notice without actually comparing one pressed against another. Without measuring I would say 0.5mm, which could be explained by "calibration".

Being slightly bigger is just a benefit to me. Easier to paint. (I should have the figure packs tomorrow, so more painting ahead.)

This seemingly size-increase in IA models might actually make purchasing some Legion figures tempting for varying poses (now that the latest IA figures will not be dwarfed by Legion figures) ... hey wallet why are you running away from me?!?  Stop!! Comeback!! ;) 

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

6 hours ago, a1bert said:

Wow. The difference is really small though, small enough to not notice without actually comparing one pressed against another. Without measuring I would say 0.5mm, which could be explained by "calibration".

Being slightly bigger is just a benefit to me. Easier to paint. (I should have the figure packs tomorrow, so more painting ahead.)

I only noticed when trying to fit them into a 3D printed base a fellow player gave me at Gencon to use on my Officer. I don't even see what the big deal is. They look great! Obviously the company has evolved, which means changes to production. Meh. Just keep making the game! Lol :P