Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

The Woodland Realm

So how does this work? Will FFG announce participating stores? If I'm interested in my local store participating, should I reach out to them to get it set up?

I'm new to the tournament scene in LotR so any info is appreciated!

46 minutes ago, Green Leader said:

So how does this work? Will FFG announce participating stores? If I'm interested in my local store participating, should I reach out to them to get it set up?

I'm new to the tournament scene in LotR so any info is appreciated!

If you can convince a local game store, they can order a kit. I’ve contacted mine. You can also check Facebook. There are a few LOTR lcg groups where members will post about events like these. Good luck!

Mmm, in germany we've ordered our kits in April .. last years the announcement includes an "how to order"-section. This year it does not. So it seems that ordering kits is not an option as a result of this news.

3 hours ago, Crusaderlord said:

I am really interested in this ... anyone know of UK South East located venues that may host these events ?

Chaos Cards down in Folkestone tend to do FF events; keep an eye on their social media feeds for details. I've not been to one, but I have seen them promote the events....

(Visit the shop if you can, it's rather spiffy)

If there are any stores in the southeastern United States getting one of these, my wife and I would love to go to one!

Edited by Nhoj4

56 minutes ago, Nhoj4 said:

If there are any stores in the southeastern United States getting one of these, my wife and I would love to go to one!

This is the list of games stores that hosted the event last year. Probably worth checking with these first: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/.../lord-rings-card.../

That Eowyn looks awesome. Lore glorfindel wont see much play even with that fanslradtic art but now we have 2 amazing pieces of art for Eowyn 

I am super stoked for this cycle but as a solo player I am not that excited about the gen con and fellowship competitive modes. 

However I am excited that I know this game will have a raise the shire scenario as a gencon/fellowship quest,  and that with that info and the 3rd leadership hero of Gildor there is still assuredly a cycle on the heels of this one, hooray! 

1 hour ago, player1683311 said:

However I am excited that I know this game will have a raise the shire scenario as a gencon/fellowship quest

Wait, what? Did I miss something? How do you know that? 

11 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

But this is a USA only store list. Other country does not worth to be mentioned?

I mean, you could make a snide comment about work they HAVEN'T done, or you could recognize that FFG is a company that does not have infinite resources, and appreciate the work that they HAVE done for the community in organizing this list.

As a player who live oustide the USA we have often the feelings to be put aside. We sometime don't have a fellowship event at all. The GenCon event is not available to any other place. It is so hard to get POD.
And, the worst part of it, they never acknowledge this. For example this article could have been named "for United States". Saying it is worldwide when, for anywhere else they just tell us to contact our retailer, without even trying to write who is in charge for every country is a shame.

10 hours ago, player1683311 said:

However I am excited that I know this game will have a raise the shire scenario as a gencon/fellowship quest,  and that with that info and the 3rd leadership hero of Gildor there is still assuredly a cycle on the heels of this one, hooray! 

Wait what?! :o

Ok ok ok Haha, I don't know any more than the next person, but I find it impossible to believe that before this game is done there wont be a raise the shire scenario.  I see it as an inevitability, I'm sorry if anyone had some false excitement over my comment.  I'll gladly bet anyone that it will happen and when it does I'm fairly certain it will be a gen con or fellowship quest that you can use in your campaign like fog on the Barrow downs.  

As a fan I would guess Caleb would, when the game ends, do this as the last quest.  Whenever that may be.  as thematically appropriate as that would be .

Can anyone honestly disagree that we would not get raise the shire? 

Also I know from other comments, I didn't think of it myself, that Gildor, king Brand, and Thranduil, make 3 leadership heroes. They always do 2 heroes per sphere in any cycle so this is good evidence of a cycle after this one. 

43 minutes ago, player1683311 said:

Ok ok ok Haha, I don't know any more than the next person, but I find it impossible to believe that before this game is done there wont be a raise the shire scenario.  I see it as an inevitability, I'm sorry if anyone had some false excitement over my comment.  I'll gladly bet anyone that it will happen and when it does I'm fairly certain it will be a gen con or fellowship quest that you can use in your campaign like fog on the Barrow downs.   

As a fan I would guess Caleb would, when the game ends, do this as the last quest.  Whenever that may be.  as thematically appropriate as that would be .

Okay, you had me scared there! I agree an all accounts, including that it will most likely release as the last product (which contributed to my fears).

45 minutes ago, player1683311 said:

Can anyone honestly disagree that we would not get raise the shire?

No.

As in, they would agree that we'll get it at some point.

4 hours ago, player1683311 said:

Also I know from other comments, I didn't think of it myself, that Gildor, king Brand, and Thranduil, make 3 leadership heroes. They always do 2 heroes per sphere in any cycle so this is good evidence of a cycle after this one. 

Almost always. The Khazad-dum + Dwarrodelf cycle had 3 lore heroes (Aragorn, Elrond, and Bifur) and only 1 Tactics hero (whichever of the twins is tactics - I can't remember). Another thing to consider is that they might release the 2-player starter set as a product separate from the Collector's Edition, and include Gildor and Thorin as the heroes in that, and not release them as part of a cycle at all.

That said, I think we have separate confirmation of at least one cycle past this one.

The announcement said of the new heroes "These heroes will eventually enter The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game through standard products, but for now, the only way to adventure alongside these heroes is in the Two-Player Limited Edition Starter.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:24 AM, Rouxxor said:

As a player who live oustide the USA we have often the feelings to be put aside. We sometime don't have a fellowship event at all. The GenCon event is not available to any other place. It is so hard to get POD.
And, the worst part of it, they never acknowledge this. For example this article could have been named "for United States". Saying it is worldwide when, for anywhere else they just tell us to contact our retailer, without even trying to write who is in charge for every country is a shame.

Plus, the new Limited two player starter set can only be purchased on the US FFG webstore, with hefty shipment costs even for Canada, not to mention EU.

1 hour ago, wolframius said:

Plus, the new Limited two player starter set can only be purchased on the US FFG webstore, with hefty shipment costs even for Canada, not to mention EU.

But someone ordered this Starter to EU :P and still waiting for it.