Sign in to follow this  
Myrrik

Savage Genesys :)

Hi All
I know that Savage Worlds has a lot of support as a Generic system. Its never been huge on my list but I have seen some amazing settings and books out for it.
How easy do you think it would be to convert over the SW stuff to Genesys? 

1 hour ago, Swordbreaker said:

Pretty much any setting can be used with Genesys. The pitfall I typically see is when people try to translate mechanics from one system to another (not just with Genesys, but with any two or more systems that are different).

This

Focus on the Feel of the setting and you'll do just fine.

1 hour ago, Swordbreaker said:

Pretty much any setting can be used with Genesys. The pitfall I typically see is when people try to translate mechanics from one system to another (not just with Genesys, but with any two or more systems that are different).

58 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

This

QFT.

Seriously.

This.

Don't worry about the mechanics of another game, it doesn't work in Genesys. They are different games. They do things differently. Convert the setting and the story.

3 hours ago, kaosoe said:

This

I also agree with all this...mostly...

My group's been running a SW pirates campaign for years now and if we were going to switch that over to Genesys, for the most part it'd be pretty simple as there's nothing really hard-coded into the SW system to make pirates work...except for one thing that's a little different. The system of using playing cards for initiative is something that the group loves and has become an intrinsic part of our "pirate experience" while playing.

I think that every once in a while, there's some aspect of the mechanics that also bleeds into the feel of the game that you might want to at least take a look at. My group also just loves pirates, so once this campaign is done, we may switch over to Genesys and with a fresh batch of characters, probably no one will notice if we don't use the cards for initiative any more, but there's definitely something palpable about the excitement around the table when the first round of cards are being drawn for initiative.