JasonCole

Packing Up 1.0 - How are you doing it?

So how is everyone planning on retiring their 1.0 goods? Separated tokens into little ziplocks? Dump everything into a shoebox and set it on fire (ships excepted, of course)? Leaving it as is, and taking the opportunity to start over? I'm curious, as I haven't decided on which way I'm going to go yet.

When 2.0 goes live next month, I'm going to take all my 1.0 cards out of their binders and fancy Star Wars sleeves and put them in basic sleeves I still have left over from when I played Lord of the Rings CCG.  Those will then go in a shoebox, on a shelf in my basement, along with all the 1.0 dials and tokens and whatever else I don't use in 2.0.  Then the 2.0 stuff will occupy the sleeves and binders and such that were then vacated.  I'm not going to buy a whole new set of binders and sleeves and such for stuff that won't get used on a consistent basis.  But I'm definitely not going to get rid of it either...at least for the most part. 

I might see if there's ANY value for duplicate stuff on the secondary market, I really don't need 3 copies of 1st Ed "Horton Salm" anymore, if indeed I ever did.  But that probably means that nobody else really does either...so probably just stuck in the shoebox.

I have a plano-like box with all my dials and base plates, and a ziplock of tokens. My ships are in Feldherr foam. As I might use 1.0 again, I decided to just leave it like this and get a new plano for 2.0 ;)

Cards will be de-sleeved, and put in an appropriate box.

Edited by NilsTillander

3 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I'll dump everything into the old core set boxes and sned it to storage **** never to see the light of day again.

Not trying to be snarky, but if you already know you'll never get them out again, why bother putting them in storage?  Why pay to store something you have zero interest in using?  Clearly, putting them on eBay, giving them away, or even just throwing them away would be better than storing something you have no use for...right?

Just now, direweasel said:

Not trying to be snarky, but if you already know you'll never get them out again, why bother putting them in storage?  Why pay to store something you have zero interest in using?  Clearly, putting them on eBay, giving them away, or even just throwing them away would be better than storing something you have no use for...right?

That is a perfectly valid question. I suppose it comes down to wanting to keep the collection complete and ultimately the cards etc. not taking up too much space. I've always taken care that I could resell any expansion complete with tokens and everything and won't change that.

I'm planning on keeping and continuing to use my alt-art pilot cards, because they're nice and very rarely actually going to be confusing in play.  Everything else that's not 2e compatible is going in a big-*** ziplock bag in a copboard somewhere, unless I decide to recycle it.  I'm sure I can find SOME use for a bunch of random cards in the future.

Put them with my Decipher Star Wars CCG cards... at the bottom of the closet... and forget about them for years at a time.

Though I'll likely pull some commonly used pieces for HotAC and the Death Star scenario.... maybe even just draw the required 2.0 lines on the ship inserts and leave them in the box.

I'll be unsleeving everything and popping it in a box, to be kept safe in case someone wants a game of 1.0 to relive the good old days. Got about 150 of the FFG X-Wing Assault art sleeves, so I imagine I'll have a fair number of those lying around for things like alt-art 1.0 cards that I'll be keeping hold of because they're cool.

Cards are simple: transfer content of every faction specific binder to a big V1.0 binder.  Reuse previous binders for version 2.0.

Ships stay where they are, naturally.

Cardboard is more problematic.  I'm only converting scum on day 1, so I'll figure out a storing option for those and move up from there.  Might keep a favored squad and V1 cardboard on hand if someone shows up with V1.

Nothing as I sold 1e when the balance seemed to be getting to unforgivably bad quality and realizing that my desire at the time to collect all expansions was a waste of money when I mostly used wave 1-2 ships anyway.

Now I will enter 2e cautiously, with minimal purchases of only ships I really want to play. Can 3 TIE interceptors and one TIE advanced really comprise my entire imperial fleet for 2e’s lifetime? Why, if the core set didn’t have TIE fighters, yes it would be. 

For me, not much to do. I have a spare Plano box for all the ship tokens. Upgrade cards are already in folios and pilot cards in a binder. All goes on the game shelf with the acrylic templates. Nothing Waterford pitched.