Piratical Moustache

List of Canon Ships for Armada

1 hour ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I left out the Starhawk for a couple of reasons, the first being it has next to no details or Canon image. The second being it's said to be a New Republic ship made after the Battle of Endor. So far Armada has been from the Battle of Scarif to the Battle of Endor chronologically, and going forward in time could create complications.

Pre-Scarif

(Rebels set before)

9 hours ago, Piratical Moustache said:

I left out the Starhawk for a couple of reasons, the first being it has next to no details or Canon image. The second being it's said to be a New Republic ship made after the Battle of Endor. So far Armada has been from the Battle of Scarif to the Battle of Endor chronologically, and going forward in time could create complications.

All true and all valid reasons not to include. It is, however, still part of the Galactic Civil War. Honestly, it's one of the few things the fan based absolutely loved about the Aftermath novels, so I'm somewhat amazed it hasn't been given more details. We keep getting random Mon Cal ships in the comics, although those have admittedly not touched post-Endor yet.

Edited by Truthiness

27 minutes ago, ShadowFox1138 said:

Dreadnought Heavy cruiser....it was in the last episode of Rebels

25 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Though it wasn't called a Dreadnought. 

A shorter redesign called the Imperial Support Vessel was in Rebels, and honestly I don't like it. The original version was more interesting with the curvature of the bow/bridge.

The Raddus is a Galactic Civil War era ship. One of the last ships built before the end.

Did the class serve in any battles? Probably. I imagine there were Imperial splinter holdouts concurrent or following Jakku.

It is visually a sequel trilogy era ship but the Quasar is primarily only ever seen on screen in rebel hands but it went to the Imperials in Armada.

I think the class would be great for the rebels in the long wait to get starhawks. 

30 minutes ago, Piratical Moustache said:

A shorter redesign called the Imperial Support Vessel was in Rebels, and honestly I don't like it. The original version was more interesting with the curvature of the bow/bridge.

I personally like the more angular design. It fits Imperial style more. 

8 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I personally like the more angular design. It fits Imperial style more. 

Altough its not an imperial design. And I would dislike another retcon for the background. I also think the new design looks like someone could not do cruved surfaces.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:10 PM, LostFleet said:

True, although I would like to see an ISD with no squadron value ( either larger weapons bay or much cheaper ship) I dont think they will add another ISD ship unless they add as a card only extension.

Dreadnought and Assault Frigate Mark I , those are the two ships I would like to see, but what I would like to see more?

more OT era shows and films like Rebels and Rogue One,  depicting proper space battles and canonize all the ships we mention in these forums. 

What I'd like to see most is canonization of the MC30 and possibly the Gladiator and AFMKII. If that happens then I'll get them. If it doesn't, I won't. Of course, more canon ships would be even better.

2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

What I'd like to see most is canonization of the MC30 and possibly the Gladiator and AFMKII.

Gladiator was considered canon at some point, its first debut was at Droids in 1985 as the Demolisher ( classified as Gladiator in 2008). For me it is good enough to be canon although it is now in EU.

I hope they canonize MC-30, I really like the look of the ship and I didnt buy it yet because it was not canon either.

however for AFMkii - sorry but even if it becomes canon, I would not consider buying it because I don't think its design belongs in Star Wars universe. She is more appropriate for being a Reaver ship at Firefly.

13 minutes ago, LostFleet said:

however for AFMkii - sorry but even if it becomes canon, I would not consider buying it because I don't think its design belongs in Star Wars universe. She is more appropriate for being a Reaver ship at Firefly.

Agreed. I guess I really just want a good medium-base option for Rebels (that isn't just a different version of an existing ship).

I would personally like to see as many new and beautiful ships as possible. Use ships that we see in famous battles in the movies and in the games like the the force unleashed. I love playing the game and sometimes I make up new game modes like using GR-75s and Gozanti's as transports, and if you destroy all of your opponents' transports you win. I think this would make a great game mode and you could probably make an entire expansion pack for this game mode. You could put in a transport from each faction like the imperial cargo ship from rebels and a 4 or five ship flotilla of some of the transports you can see in the background at the end of Empire Strikes Back.