Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Launch Party Article!!

Personally every promo card should be double sided for maximum appeal to players. Who shows up at tourneys I run is predictable by what prizes are up. Most times some won't bother for an event that they don't want the prize for if it's not their faction. And especially if they keep making those social plasticard ones, there's no reason to have a plain boring back to those. Personally I feel X-wing got the shaft with the SC kits recently as they and Armada both got a plasticard, but the Armada one was double sided with both factions getting a ship title. Mind you the stamp for first or second was only on one side, but whatever at least if you won you're going to have a chance to use it even if you only collect one faction.

29 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

Personally every promo card should be double sided for maximum appeal to players. 

Im of the opinion that all the cards should be double sided (well, except the damage deck). Neither pilot nor upgrade cards need to be randomized, they could have used the backs for pilots as well and made the cards match the base plates and either saved some cardboard or provided more pilots per expansion. If that was undesirable for some reason, the backs could have included flavor text and biographical info. A lot of the non film characters aren’t going to be known by many people, include info on who howlrunner, soontir, etc... are. Put to rest the question of the gender of TIE Phantom pilots. 

3 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Im of the opinion that all the cards should be double sided (well, except the damage deck). Neither pilot nor upgrade cards need to be randomized, they could have used the backs for pilots as well and made the cards match the base plates and either saved some cardboard or provided more pilots per expansion. If that was undesirable for some reason, the backs could have included flavor text and biographical info. A lot of the non film characters aren’t going to be known by many people, include info on who howlrunner, soontir, etc... are. Put to rest the question of the gender of TIE Phantom pilots. 

Having them match the ship tokens would be a really good idea.

Having them with Bios like baseball cards would be absolutely awesome.

9 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Now I really want to do this for custom alt art cards. 

2 hours ago, McTavish said:

Having them match the ship tokens would be a really good idea.

Having them with Bios like baseball cards would be absolutely awesome.

There are so many things I'd love to see them do with pilot cards. I still really don't know why we need pictures of the ships when we have ship miniatures (especially with how often people have to clarify on the forums who a character is when most people only have their name to go on), and something like bios on the back could be really fun, too.

That said, I'll admit these promos are pretty nice looking to me. I think I'd be more okay with the art normally featuring the ships and not the actual character the card is for if they always looked like this.

6 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

@Forgottenlore y'know now that you mention it?... That would just me too much sense! Damg why don't they do that!? 

I know. I sleeved my Armada cards 2 to a sleeve to match the base plates so I wouldn’t have to buy so many of those tarot sized sleeves. I think I’m going to do the same for the x-wing cards, should save some space and not use as many sleeves.