Pilot skill/innitiative abuse

Token stacking/manipulation

Upgrade spam

Jank

Support

Blocking

Flying the one decent pilot for a Chassis cause their ability is bazonkers

Capitalizing on OP releases before nerf

Also on a comical aside, in their own articles words they think that its rock paper scissors, but with a 4th thing that doesnt mesh well.  Jousters<arc dodgers<turrets<jousters, and then bombs do other stuff!

Such balance. much comprehend. wow!

2 hours ago, defkhan1 said:

*Ordnance

Ord'nance is a contraction and military slang term in french. Look it up.

Its a shortening of Or-du-nance, which in the english language can be written and IS pronounced Ord-i-nance.

As a Napoleanic War enthusiast I encourage you to read up on that period of history. Its super interesting time which shaped the evolution of warfare and the roots of our current political climate

4 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Ord'nance is a contraction and military slang term in french. Look it up.

Its a shortening of Or-du-nance, which in the english language can be written and IS pronounced Ord-i-nance.

As a Napoleanic War enthusiast I encourage you to read up on that period of history. Its super interesting time which shaped the evolution of warfare and the roots of our current political climate

And yet, Ordnance is still perfectly proper and okay to use.

53 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

And yet, Ordnance is still perfectly proper and okay to use.

I didnt say it wasnt, lol.

Someone corrected me for spelling it one of the 3 correct ways, so i pointed oyt it was still correct. This entire thread of the conversation is silly. Its like pointing out that someone forgot an apostrophe or used the english "armoury" instead of the american "armory"

2 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

I didnt say it wasnt, lol.

Someone corrected me for spelling it one of the 3 correct ways, so i pointed oyt it was still correct. This entire thread of the conversation is silly. Its like pointing out that someone forgot an apostrophe or used the english "armoury" instead of the american "armory"

out*

Also, it wasn't correct. In English, ordnance and ordinance are different words with different meanings that happen to share a common ancestor. There is a third similarly descended word (ordonnance) that is also spelled differently and also means something distinct from the other two and is also so rare that this forum's spell checker doesn't even recognize it.

Also also he's right that it's pretty silly to make a big deal of out it when everyone could tell exactly what he meant from context. Go ahead and spell oridndandnance however you want fam

1 hour ago, nexttwelveexits said:

out*

Also, it wasn't correct. In English, ordnance and ordinance are different words with different meanings that happen to share a common ancestor. There is a third similarly descended word (ordonnance) that is also spelled differently and also means something distinct from the other two and is also so rare that this forum's spell checker doesn't even recognize it.

Also also he's right that it's pretty silly to make a big deal of out it when everyone could tell exactly what he meant from context. Go ahead and spell oridndandnance however you want fam

I'm gonna take the dictionary's side on this one, lol.

According to both my home dictionary and google's online dictionary, ORDNANCE is a middle english word meaning cannon or artillery peice, while ORDINANCE is the modern english evolution of the same word.  

look it up! also this is an absurd conversation, we really should quit this petty bickering and agree that I'm correct. 

14 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

According to both my home dictionary and google's online dictionary, ORDNANCE is a middle english word meaning cannon or artillery peice, while ORDINANCE is the modern english evolution of the same word.  

look it up! also this is an absurd conversation, we really should quit this petty bickering and agree that I'm correct. 

Yes, they both share a common linguistic history, coming from the Latin ordinare, but these days ordinance is used to mean 'an authoritative order' or 'a religious rite', whereas ordnance is used to mean 'munitions' or 'a branch of government service dealing especially with military stores and materials'.

So, this looks like proof that even when we agree on something we can still fight about it! ?

25 minutes ago, Infinite_Maelstrom said:

Yes, they both share a common linguistic history, coming from the Latin ordinare, but these days ordinance is used to mean 'an authoritative order' or 'a religious rite', whereas ordnance is used to mean 'munitions' or 'a branch of government service dealing especially with military stores and materials'.

So, this looks like proof that even when we agree on something we can still fight about it! ?

ord·nance
ˈôrdnəns/
noun
noun: ordnance
  1. 1.
    mounted guns; artillery.
    synonyms: guns, cannon, artillery, weapons, arms, ammunition; More

• US
      military weapons, ammunition, and equipment used in connection with them.
  2. 2.
    a branch of the armed forces dealing with the supply and storage of weapons, ammunition, and related equipment.
Origin
257b487a7519d01e2e7f38da8df9e3f5d22407cf
late Middle English: variant of ordinance.

P.s.  You better build yourself a goddam star fighter in real life, cause I am, and the moments its complete you better believe I'm finishing this!!!!

P.P.s.  I'm equipping "Fearlessness" and calling on my boy Oiccun cause I'm mad as ****

6 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

That isn't how the etymology section of a dictionary entry works. It's telling you where the word evolved from, not giving you a synonym.

If you look up both ordnance and ordinance in your dictionary, you'll see that while they share a common origin, they do not share any definition.

14 hours ago, HammerGibbens said:

LOL OP you still forgot a bunch of the pillars, laserbrain!

Dial handling

Shadenfreude

Eye-to-the-table-acumen

Mistake explaining

Opponent intimidation

Posture

Quotes from the films

Soundtrack choice

Token Placement

Forum posting

Get it right. You forgot “pew pew noises”