Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

What is the least effective upgrade?

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I stand by my assessment - they, in their own roundabout way, save you 3 points of damage a game - on par with every other Non EWS/ECM defensive retrofit

And if its Luke or Maarek they kill then its more than 3 dmg saved... but they wont do that very often. It is the image everyone has in their head and so dont lower their expectations to the reasonable...

7 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

And if its Luke or Maarek they kill then its more than 3 dmg saved... but they wont do that very often. It is the image everyone has in their head and so dont lower their expectations to the reasonable...

My assessment was rooted in the bias of being a rebel ship vs a RhymerBall, which was reasonable for the time, but is quite dated now.

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Why, you feel like beating up the perpetual loser?  

I stand by my assessment - they, in their own roundabout way, save you 3 points of damage a game - on par with every other Non EWS/ECM defensive retrofit

House rule: they're now an OFFENSIVE retrofit.  

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

My assessment was rooted in the bias of being a rebel ship vs a RhymerBall, which was reasonable for the time, but is quite dated now.

Squadronless is so common now that I don't think it makes sense to bring Cluster Bombs to a tournament.

29 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Squadronless is so common now that I don't think it makes sense to bring Cluster Bombs to a tournament.

Even with squadrons, they are too expensive/limited ;)

2 points would be a fair price.

Edited by Heimdallson

Engineering team is fun if you use it on an interdictor, you use a engineering command and token you get 9 points of fun coming your way. That's 3 damage cards removed or 4 shields regenerated and you could still move one more to another arc.

2 minutes ago, Colindarklighter said:

Engineering team is fun if you use it on an interdictor, you use a engineering command and token you get 9 points of fun coming your way. That's 3 damage cards removed or 4 shields regenerated and you could still move one more to another arc.

Five points of 'fun' and not protection experts or engine techs? ?

48 minutes ago, Heimdallson said:

Even with squadrons, they are too expensive/limited ;)

2 points would be a fair price.

If I KNEW my opponent was bringing squadrons, I think Cluster Bombs would be worth their price. Even if it was just Tycho and Shara. But squadronless is common enough now that it seems risky. 

But then again, I've never flown a CR90 with my commander aboard, which seems to be what the kids are doing there days. If I did, I might take Cluster Bombs.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

NK-7's are overpriced, have an exhaust feature, require a blue crit, and occur after tokens have been spent (so long range evades counter you hard.) But I've been flirting with them in a screed MSU build.  I'm determined to make them work to prove everyone here wrong. 

Two other cards I feel get dismissed are STM and Redundant shields.  But I can see both working really well in an SSD build with a hand of justice Arquitens utilizing projection experts (put the Redundant shields on the arquitens and give the SSD projection experts or something else).  Just my 2 cents.

So for me, it has to be sensor teams that are the least effective. 

Edited by Belisarius09