Sign in to follow this  
Ice Dragon

Building my first Skirmish Squad

Just recently was able to demo the game and looking forward to playing more at the local game store.  I was looking at Jabba, IG-88 and Greedo for starters, and the Weequay Pirates and Hired Guns look interesting. Any suggestions on what is fun to play from the Mercenary side? Thanks.

You've got a good start there. Hondo comes out tomorrow. I think he'll be a ton of fun as well. The scum "heroes" in Jabba's box are all great. I especially like Vinto out of them.

The Bantha Rider is a whole other style of play from other figures in the game. I think it will be worth another look with the lothcats coming out. It's also one of my favorite figures to play. 

And Elite Jawas open up a ton of list building options by bringing in droids from the other two factions. 

Edited by Matsu Robun

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, buckero0 said:

I have a hard time making a Merc list without ONAR from the Jabba's Realm box. Literally the best out of the faction for me.

Sacrilege! GIA. ;)

(I fully agree though. Onar is crazy good and also very fun to play)

4 minutes ago, Ram said:

Sacrilege! GIA. ;)

(I fully agree though. Onar is crazy good and also very fun to play)

You would have to teach me your ways. I agree that especially now (competitive maps in rotation) Greedo is awesome, but I've put Onar in my Rebel and Imperial lists as well with great success.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:07 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Just recently was able to demo the game and looking forward to playing more at the local game store.  I was looking at Jabba, IG-88 and Greedo for starters, and the Weequay Pirates and Hired Guns look interesting. Any suggestions on what is fun to play from the Mercenary side? Thanks.

That's a really good start, Using temporary Alliance to bring Gideon and Hera, then if you add an eJawa to bring in 3p0 and that's the world champ list, netdecking isn't for everyone, but as an FYI that's the list, IG (with Focused on the Kill), elite Weequay, Greedo, Hera, Gideon, 3p0, eJawa, R2, Devious, Black Market. You don't have to use the exact deck, but yeah, IG, Greedo, Onar, elite Weequay is a really good start to any list. I also love me some hired guns. 

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

You would have to teach me your ways. I agree that especially now (competitive maps in rotation) Greedo is awesome, but I've put Onar in my Rebel and Imperial lists as well with great success.

Yeah, I was mostly joking. Onar is probably my favorite merc piece as well, he brings lots of power for a very low cost and he is fun to play. 

A lot of people are finding success lately with Clawdite Shapeshifters from the Heart of the Empire. I think they're pretty swell too, so maybe give those some thought? Also Temporary Alliance with Threepio and/or Gideon is nice.

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, hypnosis11 said:

Using temporary Alliance to bring Gideon and Hera, then if you add an eJawa to bring in 3p0 and that's the world champ list, netdecking isn't for everyone, but as an FYI that's the list, IG (with Focused on the Kill), elite Weequay, Greedo, Hera, Gideon, 3p0, eJawa, R2, Devious, Black Market.

That's 41 points.

8 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

That's 41 points.

Right, no Black Market. My bad. I couldn't remember the exacts for a minute, the old version had no R2 with BM, I was thinking the new one had both, but yeah, drop Black Market there.