Sign in to follow this  
gmcc

Help a fan here

So i love love LOTR since i saw the first movie in cinema and recently i heard about this game. I need something in terms of boardgaming and i was thinking on this one. But i never played an LCG before. 

Can someone help me or convince me to get this game. Is it hard is it good is it Being continued or going to end etc..

Sorry for the noobish

4 minutes ago, gmcc said:

Is it hard

Yes

5 minutes ago, gmcc said:

is it good

Yes

is it Being continued

Yes

is it ... going to end

Yes, as all things come to an end, even this story.

It can be incredibly hard for a new player, but you should get into the swing of things quickly. Even then, it can be a soul-crusher

Yes. Is that even a question? :P

Yes. Every now and then a thread will pop up with a troll giving faulty evidence that the game is dying. Take no notice of such.

Well, eventually. Hopefully it will take the apocalypse and the end of human existence, though.

Here are some helpful things to know before jumping in.

Pros:

extremely thematic and true to source material

immersive cooperative play

enthusiastic and helpful community

endless replayability with expansions that add new quests and player cards

Cons:

difficulty

price point to keep up with expansions.

Make sure you check this page out:  and all of the community's blogs, podcasts, and other fantastic resources. This isn't completely up to date, so make sure you look around here, on BGG, and the internet for other, newer content.

And most of all, have fun! :)

It is a great skeleton of a design. Learn to play and there are almost 200 quests (roughly 100 unique with extended difficulty for most).

It is a great experience to sit down and not have to learn a new game constantly but have each scenario be somewhat different so you get the best of both worlds. Replaying them with different decks is fun too.

You can take the game as seriously as you want, go it alone or build decks from the internet. Play easy mode or nightmare mode.  

In summation, it is an incredible thematic and well designed game, whose difficulty and time needed scale to your level of interest. While offering a new experience with each pack while allowing you to not learn a new set of rules each time when compared to buying constant new board games. Play alone or play with friends. This game has it all. 

Yeah this would be for solo purpose but i dont even know how to build decks in this game. Or know what are the bests.. Is it a sequencial game like the movies or packs are standalone?

the artwork thematic are very good

the game is interesting from what i saw in ffg video but everyone says its hard to play

If you never play any TCG/LCG you will have to learn to deckbuild. It will probably be quite long because it is deep :). As I intensely play some of those games for the half of my life I never found this game that hard... because I get to learn the hard way way before ^^.

Every Deluxe is a standalone (but difficulty of the scenario tempt to increase over the time), every saga is standalone but the main interest is to play them in the order (like....a saga ^^), every adventure pack (usually written AP) belong to a cycle and is linked to a deluxe (to the core set for the first cycle), you need the deluxe to play the scenario, and the whole deluxe+cycle make a story on their own (even more true since the third cycle).

Have fun!

In this game, when you deckbuild, you want to look add a good combinations of cards for the spheres of the Heroes you are using. So say if you were using two spirit heroes and a tactics hero, you would want to have less expensive tactics cards (two cost and under) and a higher amount of spirit cards. A good starting point for deck construction is roughly twenty allies, fifteen attachments, and fifteen events. If you get the game and want help deck-building, just let us know.

I like personally Sagas... Hobit and LOTR saga, because They have continue story.

the advise above is good. Also playing easy mode or modified easy mode in the Beginning can be useful (one extra resource at the Beginning change a lot!) try to include something to deal with locations (northern tracker) have enough fighting power, have enough questing power. I personally like cancelation cards that can prevent some really devasting events...

I would try to distinguish the game being "hard to play" from being "hard to win".  I don't think it's that hard to play.  (Yes there are rules ripples, but that's the nature of every card game imo.)  Some quests are incredibly hard to win though and that's what makes it fun.  It IS a deckbuilding game, but you can go to www.ringsdb.com and see many different decks.  Copy shamelessly.

7 minutes ago, gmcc said:

Im available now until 00:00 lisbon timezone

In other days depends but from 19h or 22h to 00:00 lisbon timezone

Pity. I'm not available for about 12 hours. Looks like in Lisbon time, I'm mostly available from 0800 to about 1000 in the morning

Edited by Onidsen

If you're still there there, I can play for the next short while

EDIT: I have a game up. I'll keep it up for as long as I still have time to actually play after.

Edited by Velensk

11 hours ago, Velensk said:

If you're still there there, I can play for the next short while

EDIT: I have a game up. I'll keep it up for as long as I still have time to actually play after.

Sorry didnt saw ur answer until now